Get the facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Melvyn Rubenfire
Dr. Melvyn Rubenfire, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Ann Arbor, MI, with another office in Ann Arbor, MI. He has 53 years of experience. His specialties include Cardiovascular Disease and Internal Medicine. Dr. Rubenfire is affiliated with St Mary's of Michigan (IDN). He speaks English.
Dr. Melvyn Rubenfire has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Heart Failure
- Heart Diseases
- Coronary Vasospasm
- Coronary Artery Bypass (Heart Bypass)
- Vascular Disease
- Lung Diseases
- Chest Pain (Angina)
- Heart Catheterization
- Connective Tissue Diseases
- Bundle-Branch Block
- Cardiovascular Disease
- High Cholesterol
- Cardiogenic Shock
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Myocardial Infarction
- Heart Attack
- Heart Disease (Myocardial Ischemia)
- Blood Clot
- Heart Block
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- AIDS/HIV (Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome)
- Congenital Heart Defects
- Unstable Angina
- Coronary Disease
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 3 of 3
I saw Dr. Rubenfire after my husband's death due to ESRD. His heart had nothing to do with his passing. Dr. Rubenfire was so kind and compassionate. He talked with me for almost an hour and was genuinely sympathetic. When my mitral valve prolapse remained unchanged, for 3 years, he released me. Miss him.
Dr. Rubenfire is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
53 Years Experience
Wayne State University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1965
Dr. Melvyn Rubenfire accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MI Blue Care Network HMO Group Enrollees
- BCBS MI PPO Plans Group Enrollees
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- HAP Preferred PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Melvyn Rubenfire in this video.
Dr. Melvyn Rubenfire is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Ann Arbor, MI.