Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Facts about carpal tunnel syndrome, including the causes and symptoms.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Fibromyalgia Facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Mercedes E Quinones has the following 2 specialties
A rheumatologist is a physician who has received extensive training in diagnosing and treating rheumatic conditions. Rheumatic conditions involve the joints, soft tissues, autoimmune system, vascular system, and connective tissues.
Some of the conditions that rheumatologists treat are rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, gout, sarcoidosis, vasculitis, and lupus. These are all conditions that involve a lot of pain and make mobility difficult. Rheumatologists use medications, such as analgesics, NSAIDs, steroids, DMARDs, infliximab, and adalimumab, as well as occupational therapy, in order to decrease pain and improve a patient's quality of life.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Mercedes E Quinones has the following 6 expertise
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Rheumatic Diseases
Dr. Mercedes E Quinones has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 3 of 3
Dr. Quinones is the BEST.... She's the most down to earth Doctor EVER. During my Stay at University of Maryland Medical Center she treated me like a friend not just another patient. I really new she cared when we would have a conversation about something 1 visit, and a month later she would remember what we had talked about.....She never rush threw a office visit with me, always took her time and always was there when I needed her.....I will truly miss her.....Thanks 4 everything
Patients' Choice Award (2012)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Mercedes E Quinones accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem KeyCare PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CareFirst BlueChoice Advantage
- CareFirst BluePreferred PPO
- CareFirst Maryland POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
Locations & Directions
Dr. Mercedes E Quinones is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Washington, DC.