Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Meredith T Riddick
Dr. Meredith T Riddick, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Roswell, GA, with another office in Alpharetta, GA. He has 39 years of experience. His specialties include Gastroenterology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Riddick is affiliated with Wellstar North Fulton Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Meredith T Riddick has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Meredith T Riddick has the following 11 expertise
- Hepatitis C
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Weight Loss
Dr. Meredith T Riddick has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Meredith T Riddick is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 9
Dr Riddick should not be considered if you are looking for a professional gastroenterologist who is really concerned with you as a patient. His focus is getting you in and out as soon as possible and getting paid. He has no personality . After having a colonoscopy and endoscopy I was told everything was normal when indeed it was not which was confirmed by other doctors. His office is small not clean and impressed me as being budget minded. I wish I had done more research on him before going forward. Hope you don't make the same mistake. Trust me PS if a Gastroenterologist is not thorough in his examination many things can be missed and you end up thinking everything is fine.
From the moment I met him I new he was a Dr. I could trust and really like!He is so kind, patient and friendly that you immediately feel comfortable! I scheduled my colonoscopy and endoscopy that day for 2 days later.(I had put this off for the last 5 yrs!!!)The hospital staff( Nurses, Anesthesiologist Nurse Anesthetist and all the rest of Dr Riddick's staff) were unbelievably thoughtful, caring and friendly!!!!For a procedure that scared me to death it turned out to be a wonderful day! Great nap!!!I highly recommend Dr Riddick.Infact my cousins who have put this off for 8 yrs are coming to see him.
Dr. Riddick is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
39 Years Experience
Eastern Virginia Medical School
Graduated in 1979
Grady Memorial Hospital
Dr. Meredith T Riddick accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Open Access POS Alternate Network
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Choice HMO
- BCBS GA Blue Choice PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Open Access POS
- BCBS GA BlueChoice Option POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry CoventryOne - GA
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Meredith T Riddick is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Roswell, GA.