Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Menorrhagia Get the facts about menorrhagia, including the causes, symptoms, and doctors who treat it.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Merita R Tan has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
An obstetrician & gynecologist, or OB/GYN, is a physician who cares for women throughout their pregnancies, straight through to the delivery of their baby (obstetrician). They also specialize in annual care, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the female reproductive system (gynecologist). Many physicians specialize in both of these fields in order to provide complete overall health services to women at every stage of life.
Dr. Merita R Tan has the following 14 expertise
- Hot Flashes
- PMS (Premenstrual Syndrome)
- Menstrual Pain
- Pap Smear
- Women's Health
- Newborn Medicine (Neonatology)
- Birth Control
- Child Birth
- Pelvic Exam
Dr. Merita R Tan has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Merita R Tan is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 25
I went with my wife for an office visit. My wife was instructed to drink plenty of fluids before the visit (which made her bloated and heavier) for an ultrasound test. Dr. Tan humiliated my wife in front of me, by asking me how I felt about her weight gain. I could see my wife was upset with the question as was I. What made it even worse; I think my wife still weighed less than Dr. Tan.People, even doctors should think before they talk.
Dr. Tan, overall, is an amazing doctor with a wry sense of humor. She is invested in the patient's well being. My only issue was that when I had to deliver early, one of her partners had to do the delivery, and Dr. Tan never came by to check on me when I was in the hospital. She sent regards by her partner.
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Patients' Choice Award (2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Tan is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Cook County Hospital
Dr. Merita R Tan accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- First Health PPO
- HealthLink PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsWomens Practice, 737 N Michigan Ave Ste 950, Chicago, IL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Merita R Tan, MD - Obstetrics and Gynecology in Chicago, IL, in this video.
Dr. Merita R Tan is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Chicago, IL.