Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Schizophrenia Facts about schizophrenia, including the different types.
- Tardive Dyskinesia Facts about Tardive Dyskinesia, including symptoms and treatment
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Merle Edelstein has the following 1 specialty
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
Dr. Merle Edelstein has the following 7 expertise
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
Dr. Merle Edelstein has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Merle Edelstein is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 9
Check her reviews before scheduling an appointment. I didn't, and paid the price. She wasted my time and nerves. She's very ingenuine and rude! Stay away if you care about your health. Also check out Healthgrades.com; there are more negative reviews about her... or you can just go there and see for yourself! I wouldn't recommend it to anyone!
"Dr." Edelstein is condescending, pompous and downright rude! She didn't seem to care about my history at all, nor did she seem genuinely interested in helping me. My opinions or experience didn't matter to her at all, and she stubbornly tried to push meds without giving much details about them. I felt rushed and unwelcome. Most horrible doctor I've ever been to!
She only sees patients for literally 5 minutes every few months. She has no idea how they're really doing, nor does she care. She told me she didn't like the type of psychiatry where the doctor merely prescribes meds. She would rather be a psychotherapist, but is terrible with patient bedside manner, so to speak. She assumes more than she listens and is very inappropriate at times... She makes people feel worse! I've heard others in the waiting room trash talking too... Shouldn't be practicing!
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2010, 2011)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2010)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Edelstein is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Belmont Center For Comprehensive Treat
- Jefferson Medical College Of Thomas Jefferson University
Hahnemann University Hospital
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsMerle Edelstein MD, 645 N 24th St, Philadelphia, PA
Dr. Merle Edelstein is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Philadelphia, PA.