Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Merle J Hodges has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
Dr. Merle J Hodges has the following 12 expertise
- Pelvic Exam
- Birth Control
- Menstrual Pain
- Overactive Urinary Bladder
- Women's Health
- Pap Smear
- Hot Flashes
- Child Birth
Dr. Merle J Hodges is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 12
"Boo" Hodges is very easy going and personable. I can't imagine him ever being in a bad mood. He is always jolly and chuckling. I have never felt uncomfortable or stupid asking questions. He has never made me feel rushed when I did have questions. I was induced at 41-1/2 weeks with my first and my son's heart rate went down into the 40-50s. The staff acted quickly - stopped Pitocin and called Hodges who was there right away. He has a calming way about him. He was to the point about what he thought was going on, straightforward about what my options were and what he felt was best but ultimately let the decision be mine. When anything is going wrong with your baby you are scared but he didn't unnecessarily scare me as other doctors have. I felt very confident that he was going to take the very best care of me and my son. He was correct too on his assumption that my son had cord around his neck 2x. I couldn't be more glad he was my physician. I got a bit carried away on the weight gain with my 1st - 50 lbs, but he didn't shame me for it as it sounds like some do. Female stuff - he gibber jabbers during procedure so its over before you know it. I would recommend him to anyone!! I am currently close to the end of my 2nd & last pregnancy. I will continue to see him for all my female care.
Boo has been my OBGYN for many years and he has done an awesome job with me. Boo has done my last 2 surgeries and he explained everything that he was going to do and what to expect after surgery and Boo always asked me if I had any questions and Boo never was in a hurry to get to the next patient unless it was an emergency. I would recommend someone to see Boo... I can't have anymore kids but I am still seeing Boo for female stuff.. I will cont. to see him as long as I am able to
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2013, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
35 Years Experience
University Of Kansas School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1983
St Lukes Hospital
Dr. Merle J Hodges accepts the following insurance providers.
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Merle J Hodges is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Salina, KS.