Dr. Merle Hodges Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Merle Hodges?

He is best! Saved my son's life

Posted on October 27th, 2016

"Boo" Hodges is very easy going and personable. I can't imagine him ever being in a bad mood. He is always jolly and chuckling. I have never felt uncomfortable or stupid asking questions. He has never made me feel rushed when I did have questions. I was induced at 41-1/2 weeks with my first and my son's heart rate went down into the 40-50s. The staff acted quickly - stopped Pitocin and called Hodges who was there right away. He has a calming way about him. He was to the point about what he thought was going on, straightforward about what my options were and what he felt was best but ultimately let the decision be mine. When anything is going wrong with your baby you are scared but he didn't unnecessarily scare me as other doctors have. I felt very confident that he was going to take the very best care of me and my son. He was correct too on his assumption that my son had cord around his neck 2x. I couldn't be more glad he was my physician. I got a bit carried away on the weight gain with my 1st - 50 lbs, but he didn't shame me for it as it sounds like some do. Female stuff - he gibber jabbers during procedure so its over before you know it. I would recommend him to anyone!! I am currently close to the end of my 2nd & last pregnancy. I will continue to see him for all my female care.

Over all

Posted on October 10th, 2013

Boo has been my OBGYN for many years and he has done an awesome job with me. Boo has done my last 2 surgeries and he explained everything that he was going to do and what to expect after surgery and Boo always asked me if I had any questions and Boo never was in a hurry to get to the next patient unless it was an emergency. I would recommend someone to see Boo... I can't have anymore kids but I am still seeing Boo for female stuff.. I will cont. to see him as long as I am able to

Not Recommended

Posted on February 21st, 2011

I would not recommend Dr. Boo Hodges to anyone. He does not fully explain the surgical procedures nor the recovery process. He does not listen to the patient and is in a hurry to get out of the room. I am hoping his surgical skills outweigh his bedside manner. This surgeon should be kept away from.

Posted on May 27th, 2017