Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Merrill T Sparago has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. Merrill T Sparago has the following 13 expertise
- Depressive Disorder
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Manic Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
- Clinical Depression
- Mental Illness
- Personality Disorder
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Mood Disorders
- Bipolar Disorder
Dr. Merrill T Sparago has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 23
I've been seeing Dr Sparago for at least 5 years. I can say without an ounce of reservation that he has Taken incredible care of me. He is one of the most compassionate and kind professionals I've ever known. He has an amazing ability to beautifully and intellectually make sense of a persons pain and suffering without making you feel dumb or worse the "Crazy identified patient" He is gifted beyond words when it comes to helping and guiding a person through there personal journey of recovery and transformation. If you understand going in that it is the job of both you and your DR to make your life function better his expertise will not be wasted. There is no better guide. He is a fantastic Doctor, and I'm so fortunate that I found him. If you need a DR? He is Amazing! I could go on.....
Think Judd Hirsch from Ordinary People without the cardigan and that is Dr. Sparago in dedication and manner. I was misdiagnosed and suffering for years until Dr. Sparago took the time to really listen and figure out my problem and it's treatment. I am now well for many years because I didn't give up, and because of my great good fortune of working with Dr. Sparago. He is superb. I have referred many others to him, and they all thank me profusely for the referral.
Dr Sparago has treated me and several of my friends, family members and colleagues over the years. He is extraordinary-as a clinician, a diagnostician and a caring human being who works tirelessly your presenting problems are under control. If you have ever a need for medication-run to Dr. Sparago-don't walk. He is the BEST
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
- Creighton University School Of Medicine
Ucla Medical Center
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsAndrew Lee Md, 11500 W Olympic Blvd Ste 538, Los Angeles, CA
Dr. Merrill T Sparago is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Los Angeles, CA.