Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Merritt J Vanpelt
Dr. Merritt J Vanpelt, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Abington, PA. His specialties include Emergency Medicine. Dr. Vanpelt is affiliated with Abington Jefferson Health. He speaks English.
Book Online Now
Dr. Merritt J Vanpelt has the following 1 specialty
- Emergency Medicine
An emergency physician is a doctor who is an expert in handling conditions of an urgent and extremely dangerous nature. These specialists work in the emergency room (ER) departments of hospitals where they oversee cases involving cardiac distress, trauma, fractures, lacerations and other acute conditions.
Emergency physicians are specially trained to make urgent life-saving decisions to treat patients during an emergency medical crisis. These doctors diagnose and stabilize patients before they are either well enough to be discharged, or transferred to the appropriate department for long-term care.
Dr. Merritt J Vanpelt has the following 3 expertise
Dr. Merritt J Vanpelt is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 1 of 1
Self-verified patient of Dr. Merritt J Vanpelt - Posted on June 22nd, 2018
I saw this doctor in the ER. She had the audacity to bill me $406 twice for seeing me. She literally spent all of 3 minutes with me when I came in and then when she discharged me. The fact that her bedside manner is horrible and I was disappointed in her care, coupled with the money hungry nature I witnessed, warrants a one star review. I also called my insurance company and appealed this and they said she documented that she spent >30 minutes with me when I came in and when I was discharged. She is not only dishonest but is fraudulent in her billing. Avoid seeing her at all costs.
Dr. Vanpelt is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Thomas Jefferson University Hospital
Dr. Merritt J Vanpelt Accepts the Following Insurance
We are sorry, it looks like we don't have insurance information.
Please call Dr. Merritt J Vanpelt's office for more information.
1200 Old York Rd Abington, PA : (215) 481-6253
Locations & Directions, ,
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Merritt J Vanpelt, MD - Emergency Medicine in Abington, PA, in this video.
Dr. Merritt J Vanpelt is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Abington, PA.