Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Mervyn L Lifschitz has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
- Addison Disease
- Diabetes, Type 2
- Cushing Disease
- Gland Issues
- Diabetes Mellitus, Type 1
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 17
Dr. Lifschitz takes excellent care of me by paying extreme attention to detail. He checks my condition every three months and I feel I wouldn't want to be checked any less often. He has practiced many years and brings to his patients an extreme depth of knowledge within his specialty of endocrinology. He uses old school techniques such as personally drawing blood himself and hand written notes. If you want a doctor to be tapping away on their iPads then perhaps you should seek another doctor. I give my personal well being to sit in the hands of Dr. Lifschitz.
The ill will felt toward Dr. Mervyn Lifschitz and his staff did not grow from one unfortunate incidence which may have been excusable, but rather from numerous inexcusable incidences, taking place during the care of my sister which ultimately resulted in death. The doctor and his staff's disregard for my sister's condition, their unprofessionalism, lackadaisical attitude and lack of compassion have left our family devastated and certainly in need of cautioning others who are contemplating using this doctor's services. My sister's health was deteriorating and Dr. Lifschitz could offer no diagnosis, yet was often condescending to our family, and rather flippant and impatient at times, telling her daughter that her mother should just "toughen up. ". The medical staff's wait and see attitude and concern for the almighty dollar, in spite of adequate medical coverage, defined their mode of operation. The front office staff was just as insensitive, refusing to reschedule appointments, displaying rude and unacceptable behavior inspite of the gravity of the situation. My sister slipped away within a month after being told by Dr. Lifschitz to "toughen up." During the course of her treatment, another medical team was eventually obtained, but it is reprehensible that any patient and family should have to undergo this type of treatment during any part of their medical care. If anyone values integrity, compassion, ongoing concern and responsibility from their treating source, it would be wise to look elsewhere.
University Of Colorado Health
Dr. Mervyn L Lifschitz accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem CO Blue Priority HMO
- Anthem CO Blue Priority PPO
- Anthem CO Bronze Pathway X HMO
- Anthem CO Gold Pathway HMO
- Anthem CO HMO
- Anthem CO Pathway
- Anthem CO Silver Pathway X HMO
- Anthem PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Rocky Mountain Health
- Rocky Mountain Good Health and Vista HMO PPO
- Rocky Mountain Summit Group
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate POS
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsMervyn L Lifschitz Md, 4545 E 9th Ave Ste 310, Denver, CO
Dr. Mervyn L Lifschitz is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Denver, CO.