Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Merwin F Richard has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Merwin F Richard has the following 15 expertise
- High Cholesterol
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Heart Attack
- Weight Loss
- Unstable Angina
- Heart Failure
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Blood Clot
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- Heart Block
- Heart Diseases
Showing 5 of 17
I HAVE BEEN A PATIENT TO DR RICHARD FOR YEARS THIS IS THE FIRST TIME I WENT IN HIS OFFICE WITHOUT THE RECEPTIONIST GIVING ME AN ATTITUDE I WAS IN AN OUT I NEVER WANTED TO LEAVE BECAUSE DR RICHARD IS A GREAT DOCTOR THANK YOU DR RICHARD FOR MAKING THE CHANGES IN YOUR OFFICE MAYBE I WILL REFERRAL FRIENDS TO YOU THANK YOU 11/03/2016 THUMBS UP
Patients' Choice Award (2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Bronx Lebanon Hospital Center
Dr. Merwin F Richard accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
- Horizon BCBS OMNIA - TIER1
- Horizon Direct Access
- Horizon HMO
- Horizon OMNIA
- Horizon POS
- Horizon PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Oxford Health Garden State
- QualCare HMO
- QualCare PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsADVANCED VEIN AND VASCULAR, 550 Newark Ave Ste 307, Jersey City, NJ
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Merwin F Richard, MD - Cardiovascular Disease in Jersey City, NJ, in this video.
Dr. Merwin F Richard is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Jersey City, NJ.