Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Mia L Scott has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
Showing 5 of 13
I had been a patient of Dr Scott's for several years when I went to see her because of constant and persistent diarrhea. She did some bloodwork, said it was fine. I asked what we were going to do about my issue, she simply said that my bloodwork was fine again. She did not look into why this was happening, what might be it's cause. Well, I had undisguised Crohn's Disease. The scar tissue created by not being treated led to a bowel obstruction, sepsis, 6 days in ICU during which I could have died. She never followed up on my hospital visit.
DR. SCOTT AND HER STAFF ARE LIKE FAMILY. SHE GENUINELY CARES ABOUT HER PATIENTS, LISTENS TO YOU SINCE YOU KNOW YOUR BODY AND HEALTH BETTER THAN ANYONE, AND I HAVE NEVER HAD TO WAIT MORE THAN A FEW MINUTES AS SHE RUNS HER SCHEDULE RIGHT ON TIME WITH NO TOLERANCE FOR THE PEOPLE WHO COME IN 30 MIN LATE AND EXPECT TO BUMP OTHERS FOR THE APPOINTMENT. WOULD NEVER SWITCH AGAIN TO ANOTHER PRACTICE.
Dr. Scott is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Healthone Corporate Health Services
Dr. Mia L Scott accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem CO Blue Priority HMO
- Anthem CO Blue Priority PPO
- Anthem CO Bronze Pathway X HMO
- Anthem CO Gold Pathway HMO
- Anthem CO HMO
- Anthem CO Pathway
- Anthem CO Silver Pathway X HMO
- Anthem PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Rocky Mountain Health
- Rocky Mountain Good Health and Vista HMO PPO
- Rocky Mountain Summit Group
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsApex Family Medicine, 300 S Jackson St Ste 100, Denver, CO
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Mia L Scott in this video.
Dr. Mia L Scott is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Denver, CO.