Dr. Micaela Nordhauser Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Micaela Nordhauser?

Posted on November 23rd, 2015

Dr. Nordhauser saw my son to evaluate whether he had a disability or not. I heard that she was quick to label children with a disability so I was a bit worried that he would be labeled with something by the time the appointment was over. To the contrary, Dr. Nordhauser spent time with my son and said that he is a normal 3 year old. His over activity is considered normal for a 3 year old. She explained to us that he was able to match the pictures and do other tasks that a child his age with ADHD would not be able to do. I was relieved and happy to see that not everyone that enters her office gets a diagnosis, as the other reviews speculated. She was very pleasant and professional and spent sufficient time with my son.

Posted on October 17th, 2014

She is excellent! We love her!

very rude doctor....

Posted on June 10th, 2014

I went to see this doctor w my daughter's teacher. First of, she told me that she couldn't help my daughter because apparently she has behavioral issues not developmental issues and to contact Albany School District or a child psychologist??? but she IS a developmental/behavior doctor....??? She couldn't answer any of my questions or concerns because "is not her field"....Then, my baby was trying to take a chair to play and she started yelling at her!!! she keep looking at her watch the whole time and she rushed us out of her office after a few minutes. She was very rude and unprofessional, it took everything in me not to curse her out and storm out her office. Needless to say, Im getting a 2nd opinion! I wanted to share this BAD experience, hopefully it can help someone else....

Posted on March 17th, 2014

It was a validating experience to have Dr. Nordhauser recognize and agree with our concerns about our sons behaviors. She was having a stressful day because the power in their building went out for awhile, but she was still pleasant and she was even willing to try to evaluate my son in the dark if the lights did not come back on because we were traveling from out of town and she didn't want us to have to make the trip twice! Well, the lights did come back on, and she gave us the exact diagnosis that we were expecting based on our research. The written report that she later mailed was very clear and accurate. I have no complaints about Dr. Nordhauser and I have since recommended her to others in similar situations.

Excellent insight and accurate DX

Posted on April 1st, 2013

I have taken my son to see Dr Nordhauser twice and initially was concerned since some reviews were less than complementary. Both of my visits were exceptional. My son was thoroughly assessed and valuable insight was gained. I feel much more comfortable explaining his issues and needs. Additionally, I am ready to meet with the school's special education department and get him the services he needs to overcome his speech issues. I highly would recommend her!

Excellent

Posted on June 9th, 2012

I've visited Dr. Nordhauser a few times within the past year or so. I heard stories prior to the initial visit about her bedside manner. Ok, so she doesn't smile alot... I'm not paying her to smile. If you're looking for a fair, in-depth, diagnosis and/or evaluation of a loved one I highly recommend her.

Wonderful person

Posted on May 15th, 2012

Dr Nordhauser is a super efficient doctor. She is very personable and I feel we clicked at our first visit for my son.

Mother of 3yr old with MR

Posted on April 15th, 2011

My son and I have met with Dr. Nordhauser 3 times. Every visit with her has left me in tears. She appears to be bitter over the fact that her own son is disabled, and left us feeling hopeless over our son's condition. I have met with many parents at my son's school who have had similar experiences with her. NO doctor should make you feel this way!

Child diagnosed with asperger's

Posted on November 15th, 2009

Dr. Nordhauser is obviously very knowledgeable in her field, but her diagnosis of my son with Asperger's (and the basis of the diagnosis) make me wonder if ANY child she evaluates leaves her office without a diagnosis. Although she was very patient and very kind to my son, her bedside manner was very cold and I felt somewhat uncomfortable around her. I plan on seeking a second opinion in my son's diagnosis because I was not comfortable with the factors she used to make her diagnosis.

Mother of child diagnosed with PDD an (autism spectrum disorder)

Posted on October 27th, 2009

This doctor was very professional. I found her to be straight and to the point. I appreciate this and have a respect for a doctor who doesn't beat around the bush. Bedside manners---ok! I found that she was able to relate to what I was going through as she experienced the same as a parent. She shared this information and I found her to be a "real person." As for competence, I give her 2 thumbs up!

Posted on June 18th, 2009

Anything bad that you haer about this doctor should be taken with a grain of salt! When I went to get my son evaluated by her I was told many horror stories about how mean and uncaring she was. My experience was not like that at all. Some things are true, she is not very friendly and she really does not smile much, but she is very kind to the child and she is very professional! She def has the experience to diagnose the children that she sees and she is to the point!

Posted on June 1st, 2009

I have never seen any children's provider like her who NEVER smiles. She made me feel like we're an uninvited guests, felt sooo uncomfortable. There's something about her attitude. I'm sure she's a pretty good doctor as far as diagnosing but a doctor that I never want to visit again. I had such a bad after taste with the meeting, I don't ever want to return.