Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Michael A Brown has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Unstable Angina
- Heart Diseases
- Heart Failure
- Blood Clot
- Heart Block
- Heart Attack
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- High Cholesterol
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 8
If you're looking for Dr. Welby, or Dr.Welby's office, you've come to the right place. What I like most about this office is their professionalism, whether on the phone or in person. They are speedy, courteous, and smart, ALL of them. As for Dr. Brown, what I like most about him is that you don't need to say alot for him to grasp the problem, put it into a quick summary, and be dead-on correct every time. I like "speedy" but dislike "rush". We get in and out, every time, feeling that our needs have been satisfied as quickly as possible, without alot of waiting around. AND, I suspect Dr. Brown always was the top student in his class .
There aren't enough superlatives to describe this physician and every one of his staff, no matter when you call or what your problem. They ALL listen to what you are saying rather than what they think you are going to say. And if they aren't the smartest medical folks around, they sure fool me. It's amazing to be so satisfied after every visit. It's a very busy office, so you might have to wait to get an appointment, but it's worth the wait!
The compassion & medical skills that Dr Brown provides has no equal in today's world of medicine. It's not uncommon to hear similar stories about this fine doctor from his patients in the waiting room. Both my husband and I are forever grateful for the fine care he provides us.We wish him years of good health for the benefit of future patients and of course, ourselves.
I recommend this doctor.
Patients' Choice Award (2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
25 Years Experience
Yale University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1993
University Of Washington School Of Medicine
Dr. Michael A Brown accepts the following insurance providers.
Blue Shield California
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsDiablo Cardiology Medical Group, 1399 Ygnacio Valley Rd Ste 11, Walnut Creek, CA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Michael A Brown in this video.
Dr. Michael A Brown is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Walnut Creek, CA.