Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Michael A Chan MD
Dr. Michael A Chan, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Westerville, OH. He has 36 years of experience. His specialties include Psychiatry and Neurology. He speaks English.
Book Online Now
Dr. Michael A Chan has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. Michael A Chan has the following 11 expertise
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Mood Disorders
- Personality Disorder
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Mental Illness
- Sleep Disorders
- Bipolar Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
Dr. Michael A Chan is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 2 of 2
Self-verified patient of Dr. Michael A Chan - Posted on August 13th, 2013
This guys knows what he's talking about.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Michael A Chan - Posted on April 9th, 2013
I appreciated my experiences with Dr. Chan. He is extremely knowledgeable in his field and was able to cite studies and findings regarding my medication. He was very patient with my questions and encouraged me to call him if I thought of questions later. Our visits were brief but not rushed, I was able to get back to my day after getting all my questions answered. And there was coffee in the waiting room! Dr. Chan is not the warm fuzzy type. He is practical and clinical in his approach, and seems extremely competent.
36 Years Experience
Wayne State University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1982
Ucla Medical Center
Dr. Michael A Chan Accepts the Following Insurance
We are sorry, it looks like we don't have insurance information.
Please call Dr. Michael A Chan's office for more information.
175 Granby Pl W Westerville, OH : (614) 234-2970
Locations & DirectionsMICHAEL ALAN CHAN MD, 175 Granby Pl W, Westerville, OH
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Michael A Chan, MD - Psychiatry in Westerville, OH, in this video.
Dr. Michael A Chan is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Westerville, OH.