Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Michael A Edwards has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Michael A Edwards has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- Family Planning
Showing 5 of 40
Self-verified patient of Dr. Michael A Edwards - Posted on August 25th, 2017
Where's the Doctor? Was that him???
Self-verified patient of Dr. Michael A Edwards - Posted on August 13th, 2017
Self-verified patient of Dr. Michael A Edwards - Posted on October 28th, 2015
Self-verified patient of Dr. Michael A Edwards - Posted on August 1st, 2015
Self-verified patient of Dr. Michael A Edwards - Posted on March 26th, 2015
Bridges to Excellence: Physician Office Systems Recognition Program
This program is designed to recognize practices that use information systems to enhance the quality of patient care. To obtain Recognition, practices must demonstrate that they have implemented systematic office
NCQA Patient-Centered Medical Home
The patient-centered medical home is a way of organizing primary care that emphasizes care coordination and communication to transform primary care into what patients want it to be. Medical homes can lead to higher quality and lower costs, and can improve patients' and providers' experience of care.
Dr. Edwards is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Dr. Michael A Edwards accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- AvMed Empower
- AvMed Engage
- Avmed Choice
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- Florida Blue BlueSelect
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Employer Group PPO
- First Health PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
More about Dr. Michael A Edwards
As your Primary Care / Family Practice physician, our goal is to provide you and your family with continuing, complete, preventive care and partner with you in your journey toward good health and wellness. We recommend annual well-visits and physicals so we can detect changes in your health from the previous year, know which immunizations you and your family need, or help you manage chronic conditions such as diabetes or high blood pressure. When life happens, our caring staff and respected physicians are here to treat your school-aged child with strep throat, your youngest who has a foreign object in her nose, and your elderly mother whose foot is swollen and red from recurring problems with blood clots and arthritis. Our family practice physicians specialize in treating all of the above and continue to explore the best, most effective ways to do so.
Locations & DirectionsCOASTAL SPINE AND PAIN CENTER, 421 Kingsley Ave Ste 402, Orange Park, FL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Michael A Edwards, DO - Family Medicine in Orange Park, FL, in this video.
Dr. Michael A Edwards is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Orange Park, FL.