Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Michael A Fischer
Dr. Michael A Fischer, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Boston, MA. He has 21 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Fischer is affiliated with McLean Hospital, Brigham And Womens Faulkner Hospital and New England Baptist Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Michael A Fischer has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Michael A Fischer has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Dr. Michael A Fischer has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Michael A Fischer is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 7
This physician deals with he said she said instead of facts and only facts concerning patient. Patient was treated very disrespectfully and rudely by this physician. This physician was extremely hostile to a patient for no reason. This physician refused to listen to patient and plays good ole boy network games instead of putting patient's care highest priority. This physician discriminated against and denied care to patient. This physician turned into Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde with no provocation. Would consider dealing with another physician besides this angry and confused doctor.
Dr. Fischer is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
21 Years Experience
Yale University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1997
Austin Medical Education Program
Dr. Michael A Fischer accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA HMO Blue with Managed Care Behavioral Health
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Harvard Pilgrim ChoiceNet HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsBrigham And Womens Hospital, 75 Francis St, Boston, MA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Michael A Fischer in this video.
Dr. Michael A Fischer is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Boston, MA.