Get the facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- High Blood Pressure Facts about high blood pressure; its causes and complications.
- High Cholesterol Facts about high cholesterol, including risk factors for getting it.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Michael A Nelson
Dr. Michael A Nelson, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Germantown, TN. He has 18 years of experience. His specialties include Cardiovascular Disease and Nuclear Cardiology. Dr. Nelson is affiliated with Baptist Memorial Hospital Union City and Baptist Memorial Hospital Tipton. Dr. Nelson has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Michael A Nelson has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Nuclear Cardiology
Rooted in general cardiology, nuclear cardiologists specialize in a specific, non-invasive imaging technique that's used to diagnose heart disease, evaluate how well your heart is pumping blood, or determine the size and place of a past heart attack.
They’re able to take pictures and video of your heart during stress tests, and in resting states, that allow them to diagnose patients as well as recommended treatments, medication and additional testing that might be needed. They often work closely with radiologists to assess the damage of a past heart attack or the patient's risk for future heart attacks.
Dr. Michael A Nelson has the following 12 expertise
- Heart Block
- High Cholesterol
- Blood Clot
- Heart Failure
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Unstable Angina
- Heart Diseases
- Heart Attack
Showing 5 of 11
He cares more about his money than your time/health and cost. The first lie, he said my insurance required a second ultrasound. His staff said he wanted to see if another vein qualified. So basically he lied and it cost me extra money. I had 5 veins that qualified for EVLT. He was going to do one vein per day with an ultrasound the next day. He basically takes 1 vein and splits it over days (top of leg, bottom of leg) rather than doing the entire vein at once. So I was going to have 10 appts total rather than the 4 another dr did (right leg, ultrasound, left leg, ultrasound). That would have cost a fortune and been very inconvenient. Luckily, my mom had this done so I knew they were supposed to do an entire leg at once vs breaking it apart. DO NOT TRUST this man.
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Patients' Choice Award (2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Nelson is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
18 Years Experience
Albert Einstein College Of Medicine
Graduated in 2000
Dr. Michael A Nelson accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TN Blue Network E
- BCBS TN Blue Network S
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry PPO - TN
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana Memphis PPOx
- Multiplan PPO
- Qualchoice Statewide Network
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsMichael Aaron Nelson Md, 7751 Wolf River Blvd, Germantown, TN
Dr. Michael A Nelson is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Germantown, TN.