Get the facts about contraceptive implants, including how they work, the benefits and risks, and what types of doctors implant them.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- Overactive Bladder Facts about overactive bladder (OAB): risk factors, symptoms & causes.
- Prostate Cancer Get the facts about prostate cancer, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Michael A Sanford has the following 1 specialty
A urologist is a physician who specializes in diagnosing and treating conditions affecting the male reproductive system, as well as the urinary tracts of both males and females.
These doctors cover the kidneys, ureter, urinary bladder, adrenal glands, urethra, and the male reproductive organs which include the testes, epididymis, vas deferens, seminal vesicles, prostate and penis. Some common disorders that urologists treat are urinary tract infections (UTI), stress incontinence, benign prostatic hyperplasia, kidney stones, erectile dysfunction, kidney cancer, prostate cancer, testicular cancer, and cystitis. These urological specialists also perform vasectomies and vasectomy reversals.
Dr. Michael A Sanford has the following 7 expertise
- Bladder Issues
- Urologic Emergencies
- Erectile Dysfunction (ED)
- Overactive Urinary Bladder
- Kidney Stones
- Prostate Cancer
Dr. Michael A Sanford is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 25
My father who is 86 has gone to him for years. After being diagnosed with a UTI which turned out to be MRSA, my father went to the emergency room and was admitted to the hospital for a week. It took Dr Sanford 5 days to come to the hospital and his office is on campus. My father is heartbroken that this doctor could care less about him. He overschedules his office visits and cancels or make you wait forever. His front desk girl is a twit and extremely rude. Do not go to this doctor..
I would NOT EVER go to this DR. He is all about the MONEY. I originally went in to get a prescription filled, and the first thing they wanted to know was if I had insurance. Said yes, they said come on in. Made an appt., went in, and the first thing he did was wanted to do a bunch of tests, PSA, and others. Told him all I needed was to get a prescription filled, since we were from out of town and not near our regular doctor. When we went to pick up prescription, receptionist called me and said we need to make another appt. Told him we didn't need another one, just to fill this prescription. We picked up the first prescription, and when we went to pick up the other prescription, was told we couldn't till we went in to see him. Told him he had just seen me, and was told he had cancelled my second prescription because I wouldn't go back to see him to give him more money. He also thought that a rectal exam was a good idea. Told him I have had loose stools for the last 2 days..HE DIDN'T CARE...check me and made me bleed like a stuck pig..He has no empathy for anyone and is only in it for the money.....Specialist???I don't think so. Greedy is what he is.
He diagsnosed my cancer, particpated in the surgery and was excellent in follow up. Highly recommended.
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
- New York Medical College
Mount Sinai Medical Center
Dr. Michael A Sanford accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Michael A Sanford in this video.
Dr. Michael A Sanford is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Rancho Mirage, CA.