The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer, including signs, symptoms & what happens to the body in each stage of cancer.
- Gastric Cancer Facts about Gastric Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Triple-Negative Breast Cancer Facts about Triple-Negative Breast Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Head and Neck Cancer Facts about head and neck cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Michael A Smith
Dr. Michael A Smith, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Phoenix, AZ. He has 24 years of experience. His specialties include Vascular Surgery. He speaks English.
Book Online Now
Dr. Michael A Smith has the following 1 specialty
- Vascular Surgery
Vascular surgeons treat and manage disorders in your veins, arteries and your lymphatic system to ensure blood circulation in your heart and in brain is the best it can be. They're well-versed on how your vascular system works with the rest of your body and they can treat conditions that may cause blockages or buildup.
They can perform many of the same diagnostic testing as interventional radiologists can, such as angiography and MRIs. In addition to diagnosis, they provide critical care and treatment for aneurysms, artery blockages and trauma injuries that involve your veins. They can also help patients manage diabetes, blood pressure and cholesterol as well as treat artery disease. Treatment for more serious cases might include bypass surgery or surgery to remove plaque.
Dr. Michael A Smith has the following 6 expertise
- Diabetes Complications
- Lung Transplantation
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Vascular Malformations
- Varicose Veins
Showing 3 of 5
Dr. Smith and his staff are highly professional. Dr. Smith took a great deal of time with us during my consultation explaining the process of the navigational bronchoscopy. He answered all of our questions. His confidence made us feel very good, and his kindness was comforting. The scope resulted in a diagnosis of lung cancer, and as a non-smoker, I was shocked. However, he delivered the news in a direct, supportive manner and outlined the next steps. I would highly recommend Dr. Smith. He made a personal follow up phone call to see how I was doing.
24 Years Experience
University Of California Los Angeles David Geffen School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1994
Uc Irvine Medical Center
Dr. Michael A Smith accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of AZ
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Aetna Whole Health Arizona Care Network
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Health Net AZ HMO ExcelCare Network
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsHEART AND LUNG INSTITUTE, 500 W Thomas Rd Ste 500, Phoenix, AZ
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Michael A Smith, MD - Vascular Surgery in Phoenix, AZ, in this video.
Dr. Michael A Smith is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Phoenix, AZ.