Dr. Michael A Wind Jr Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Michael A Wind Jr?

Amazing surgeon

Dr Wind did an amazing job with my hip. He also did a great job with knee replacement on a family member I see now why many people consider him the best hip and knee surgeon in Virginia!

Dr Wind is a Pro

I had both hips replaced by Dr Wind in 90 days. Walking and driving in 2 weeks. After extensive research and interviews with surgeons I picked Dr Wind. Results confirm I picked one of the best in the country. Thanks to Amber, Chris, Jessica and other members of his staff. Osteoarthritis can be a crippling disease, but now I have my life back.

Best knee and hip doc in Richmond

I've had both hips replaced (in August 2013 and August 2017) with Dr. Wind and can't say enough good things about him. Have also seen him and his wonderful PA Chris Mahan for knee issues. Both knees will have to be replaced in the future, and he's the one who will be doing it. Yes, sometimes you do need to wait, but medicine isn't like scheduling a haircut. With a physician, you never know when he will be delayed due to an emergency.

Great doctor

Best surgeon in central Virginia. All the hype about this guys is correct!

Great Doctor

I would recommend him to everyone and his Pa chris Mahan is the best also they make a great team just luv this dr.

Runs Late

Seems like a very qualified doctor who is either over scheduled or doesn't realize/care that there are people waiting over an hour to see him. My first appointment I waited 75 minutes to see him. The second time, I had an 8am appointment and was told I was the second person in line with the first appointment scheduled for 7:50am, but at 8:25 he still wasn't even in the building so I had to leave without even seeing him because I had to go to work. Office staff indicated to me that this happens regularly but I cannot confirm that. I can only report my experiences.

Dr Wind is a life saver

I have nothing but amazing things to say about Dr Wind. I was very unhappy when I found out my childhood ortho doctor was relocating but I am so glad I found someone like Dr Wind. I have had chronic hip pain since I was about 14. I have been through 6 surgeries in 6 years and I have one schedule with him in January. He answers all of my questions and he is 100% honest, even if I don't always like his answers.

Mother fell - Major Hip and leg repair

Doctor Wind is the Best! He performed Total Hip repair replacement after Mother (81 years old) fell. Another Dr out of town tried to repair. Total disaster. We brought her to Virginia. Dr Wind assessed repaired replaced her hip and femur break. She can walk without assistance and no meds. Length of legs are perfect. We can't thank Doctor Wind enough. We also add Doctor Wind and Chris, PA, are so kind and caring.

Great Surgeon!

great physician. took time to explain all options. after prolonged non-op treatment i decided to go forward with surgery and it was AWESOME! i know several friends who have done great with Dr Wind as well. There is clearly a reason why is he one of the busiest surgeons in the city.

Heck of a guy

Nice guy all around. Replaced my knee, and bingo! 3 months later it is doing great! Chris the PAC is fantastic, as well as the staff. Got a hip or knee issue? He is your man. Thanks Doc!

Dr. Wind is the Best!

First, it is a blessing to be able to share my thoughts about Dr. Michael Wind, who is one the best physicians that has provided my medical care. I’m 62 years old now and I’ve worked with many doctors over the years. Dr. Wind, however, is unlike any medical provider that I have had. He has an exceptional “bedside manner”, always displaying kindness and concern for his patients. This is the first thing that really stuck with me since my first meeting with Dr. Wind, which was in 2012; just after an accident that lead to me having to receive a metal replacement in my right wrist. My second surgery was this past September. Dr. Wind, again, did an excellent job on my hip replacement surgery. The reason why I returned to Dr. Wind (and will do so again if I ever need another surgery requiring his expertise), is because of his level of knowledge; how he explains what’s to be done; and his gift of patience and kindness. I have and will continue to recommend Dr. Michael Wind to my family and friends because he is truly the best!

Awesome surgeon. Thanks so much dr wind