Dr. Michael Abrams Is this you?

2.4

Neutral

Father

Posted on September 13th, 2016

He is horrible.

Check-Up

Posted on March 21st, 2016

I was just in for a check up, but I was more than pleased. Highly recommended off of my brief experience.

No Empathy

Posted on January 31st, 2014

Horrible experience. Like many others, after my interactions with him it surprises me that he is a pediatric doctor. I think he chose our area of Utah county because it has a lot of children and his interest was in making money. My son had an abrasion on his eye and we were referred by our pediatrician to Dr. Abrams. At the exam he yelled at my then 4-yr-old son because he was crying and upset about the drops and lights that were being shined into his eyes, in the end he didn't offer up anything new, sent us on our way with no help, no plan for follow-up, nothing. I think had my son needed surgery he probably would have kissed my butt for the business but he treated us like a complete waste of his time, sooo arrogant, just an awful person. We ended up eventually going to Primary Children's to a different pediatric ophthalmologist who helped a lot more, showed profound compassion, and even called personally the next day to see how my son was doing, waaaay different experience. I don't care how great a surgeon Dr. Abrams is purported to be...compassion matters, I'd sooner drive out of state then EVER let him see one of my children again!!!!!!! He isn't the only one out there and while you still have options, use them.

Why does he have a license to practice???????????

Posted on June 3rd, 2013

Anyone who writes anything positive about this Dr. must be a part of his family or was written by the Dr himself. After checking around with other doctors they all told me that they see his patients all the time and have to repair his work. Sometimes however, the damage is done and they can do nothing for you. He is the joke of the eye business we were told. They don't understand why he still has a license to practice. He is very arrogant and totally unprofessional. I went to the Moran eye clinic and strangely enough three other people in the waiting room all had been to Dr Abrams. The whole waiting room was talking about what horrible experiences they had with this Doctor to the point one individuals child had lost there vision unnecessarily from poor treatment.by Dr Abrams.

Will not go back

Posted on May 23rd, 2013

I took my daughter to him after being referred to a different doctor at the Excel Eye Center. I was researching their website and saw that he specialized with children, so I thought that would be a good option for my 9 yr old daughter. At our first appointment, I walked out of there feeling very dissatisfied with his beside manner. My daughter was worried about the eye drops, and expressed her concern in a cute- smiley way, not whining, and he said, "Oh, stop it" to her as he walked out of the room to let the assistant do it. And he did not have a smile on his face when he said it. I gave him the benefit of the doubt, thinking it was near the end of the day and it had been a long day for him. When we returned for our follow-up 4-6 weeks later, he was no different. My daughter mentioned that she sees better without her glasses when she reads. He argued that it's not physically possible. Ok, I get understand what he was saying, but I did not like that interface of him blatantly denying what she was feeling and expressing. I walked out of there saying to my girls that we will not return to him. I don't care if he knows his stuff--I have never seen a coarser pediatric doctor in my life.

Repeat customer

Posted on February 21st, 2013

Dr Abrams did an eye surgery on my 15 month old. He was very good. It's not a social gathering, I want a dr for his ophthalmology skills not his social skills. I didn't have to wait in the lobby longer then 5 min. And he was very thorough with checking everything on my son. He came highly recommended by my pediatrician. He was very good with us on the surgery day. Made sure we understood what was going on. Direct and to the point! Loved him!

I love Dr. Abrams

Posted on August 8th, 2012

I absolutely love Dr. Abrams. I am surprised at these reviews as I have not had any problems. I was warned by a few people before I took my daughter, that he isn't overly friendly, but that he KNOWS his stuff. I called several Pediatrician offices and they all recommended him. You will not have to get a second opinion with the diagnoses. I feel 100% satisfied with the care I have had there. My daughter has horrible vision, and I started taking her at 2 years old. Dr. Abrams is really great with her, and I completely trust him. Maybe he's not overly friendly, but having a GOOD doctor is the most important to me.

Terrible Doctor, Rude and Inaccurate in Diagnosis

Posted on May 16th, 2012

I took my first child to him in 2010 for an eye concern and hated him. He did a 2-3 min exam and told me she'd definitely need surgery and to follow up in 3 months and then he literally left the room. I had no idea WHY she would need this surgery and he didn't take the time to explain. Primary Children's answered all our questions, assured us that his diagnosis was incorrect and knew exactly who we were talking about when we said we hated the last doctor we saw--without even having to tell them his name.My second child needed an eye exam and in trying to give him another chance, we scheduled with him. It was equally as awful. My child is only a year and a half so we asked how he could tell that a child's vision is fine without them being able to name the shapes and his response was simply, "That's why they pay me the big bucks." No other explanation and again left the room. We'll never go back.

Irresponsible

Posted on March 28th, 2012

I had a standing appt. with Dr. Abrams @ 2 pm. one day. I had my child out of school that day for this important appt. The receptionist called me and asked me if I could come earlier as I was the only appt for that day. I tried to be flexible and told her I would try to come earlier but that I had another appt. @ 11:30 I had to go to first. I told her I would try to be there by 12:30 and if I couldn't make it by then I would call and let her know. When I called, out of consideration, to let her know I could be there about 12:45 or 1:00 pm She informed that the doctor had gone home for the day because he didn't want to wait. I had a standing appt. with this doctor. The doctor at the other appt. I was at overheard my conversation with the receptionist and saw how upset I was. He told me that what Dr. Abrams did was very unprofessional and irresponsible. I agree and that is why I will never go back to him or recommend anyone else does either.

For a children's physician he is horrible

Posted on January 18th, 2012

Dr. Abrams has been seeing my child for approximately 8 years and I have finally been fed up with his discourteous bed side manner. He is arogant and rude, making mean spirited comments to my child. I highly suggest you look for another physician before placing your children's eyes in his hands.

Terrible with kids with disabilities. TERRIBLE

Posted on December 17th, 2011

Great Doctor

Posted on December 5th, 2011

Two of my kids have exotropia and have had surgery by Dr. Abrams. My son was 17 months old and my daughter was 22 months old. Yes, he can come across as dry but he is a great doctor. I take all three of my kids to each appointment. I have taught my kids to be respectful and bring them things to do while they are in the exam room. I've never had the staff or Dr. Abrams be rude to us.While Dr. Abrams is not bubbly with kids, he has always been friendly to my kids; talking about their shoes, the characters on their clothing, showing them the different lights, and things like that. He smiles and tries to get my kids to smile. He also remembers my kids each time we go and when I took my 2nd child in the first time for exotropia, Dr. Abrams remembered that I had another child who had had the surgery for the exact thing. It had been more than two years between the surgeries.Dr. Abrams knows his business. Every time my kids have needed surgery he has given me a lot of paperwork with information on the condition and the surgery. He tells me exactly what is going to happen if we decide to have surgery and what can happen if we don't. He has always answered all my questions, and believe me, I did a lot of research online about exotropia and I had two pages of questions to ask him. I never felt like he didn't care about me or my kids. He gave me complete answers and stuck to the point. The doctor's office has never called me to cancel or change my appointment. I recommend Dr. Abrams to everyone.