Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Michael T Acurio
Dr. Michael T Acurio, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Bossier City, LA. He has 32 years of experience. His specialties include Orthopaedic Surgery of the Spine and Orthopaedic Surgery. Dr. Acurio is affiliated with Specialists Hospital Shreveport. Dr. Acurio has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Michael T Acurio has the following 2 specialties
- Orthopaedic Surgery of the Spine
- Orthopaedic Surgery
Dr. Michael T Acurio has the following 3 expertise
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Hip Osteoarthritis
Dr. Michael T Acurio has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Michael T Acurio is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 40
Dr. Acurio has been my orthopedist for 12 years. He finally diagnosed a very unusual condition that I had been to 3 local orthopedic specialists seeking help. They ran lots of tests and came back without an answer. Dr. Acurio diagnosed the problem, accurately, with a purely physical exam! He corrected the problem surgically, and I had 10 years of comfortable movement following the surgery. I have sent many friends and Church members to him and people have been very grateful. When I recently had a neck and shoulder problem he fixed me up non-surgically. He is not anxious to cut! I really feel like we are friends and I can be honest and he never sugar coats his comments. I like his bluntness and good humor, but his expertise is what really causes me to be his biggest fan. I urge you to give him a try and see if you too can be helped by this fine orthopedic surgeon and diagnostician.
Patients' Choice Award (2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Acurio is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
32 Years Experience
Louisiana State University School Of Medicine In New Orleans
Graduated in 1986
Sc Medical Center
Dr. Michael T Acurio accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsOrthopedic Specialists Of La, 2005 Landry Dr, Bossier City, LA
Dr. Michael T Acurio is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Bossier City, LA.