Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Michael B Akhondi has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Michael B Akhondi has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Showing 5 of 14
Self-verified patient of Dr. Michael B Akhondi - Posted on June 24th, 2015
Self-verified patient of Dr. Michael B Akhondi - Posted on January 5th, 2012
i have been dr mike's patient for years and am so happy with him, he is the nicest and most friendly doctor i have ever met
best doctor all around
Self-verified patient of Dr. Michael B Akhondi - Posted on October 26th, 2011
nicest doctor around
Self-verified patient of Dr. Michael B Akhondi - Posted on June 30th, 2011
very friendly and nice
Self-verified patient of Dr. Michael B Akhondi - Posted on June 29th, 2011
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2010, 2011, 2012, 2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
32 Years Experience
Northwestern University The Feinberg School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1986
Dr. Michael B Akhondi Accepts the Following Insurance
We are sorry, it looks like we don't have insurance information.
Please call Dr. Michael B Akhondi's office for more information.
5717 Melrose Ave Los Angeles, CA : (323) 957-2273
Locations & Directions, ,
Dr. Michael B Akhondi is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Los Angeles, CA.