Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Michael J Albertson
Dr. Michael J Albertson, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Thousand Oaks, CA. He has 47 years of experience. His specialties include Gastroenterology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Albertson is affiliated with California Hospital Medical Center, Methodist Hospital Southern Ca and Glendale Adventist Medical Center. Dr. Albertson has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Michael J Albertson has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Hepatitis C
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Abdominal Pain
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Celiac Disease
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
Showing 5 of 18
Horrible communication. Started with him telling me that I may have a mass in my chest and that I should get an x-ray. He told me I could call him anytime. Two days after the X-ray I anxiously called his office to find out the results. His office told me that Dr. Albertson went on vacation for a week. Later I had another test done, at his request, the results were ready in two days. I gave him a week and called the office - he never returned the call. I called two more times, finally he called back. He said I should try a certain medication, I told him that he already prescribed that med to me and it didn't work. His response, "oh, boy. That's not good" Then he just continued to say "oh boy" and was at a loss of words as to what to do next. He said he would call someone at Cedars Hospital to get there opinion and that he would definately get back to me in 2 or 3 days. On day 5 now and still no response from Dr. Albertson. I wish he would look at things from a patients point of view. I think he has no idea how we feel - that or he just doesn't care.
Since Sept. 2007, I have bee searching to find someone to help with my digestive issues. In my search, another issue was discvoered and handled except for the complication that still are around. I am about to endure more testing tomorrow and the end result is yet to be seen however, I rate this Doctor 4 star because he actually read the Health Summary list of doctors and situations that I had prepared, asked for additional information to be faxed to him, listened to everything I had to say and prepared the game plan to find and FIX the problem. Tomorrow, I shoul have answers and some sort of game plan. I expect all will be well because this doctor really wants to help!
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011, 2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2010, 2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Albertson is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
47 Years Experience
University Of California Irvine School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1971
Lac Usc Medical Center
Dr. Michael J Albertson accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
- Blue Cross CA Vivity
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsUCLA Health System Thousand Oaks, 100 Moody Ct Ste 200, Thousand Oaks, CA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Michael J Albertson in this video.
Dr. Michael J Albertson is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Thousand Oaks, CA.