- Ulcerative Colitis Get the facts about ulcerative colitis, including what causes it, signs and symptoms, and complications that can arise from the condition.
- Psoriatic Arthritis Get the facts about psoriatic arthritis, including who gets it, the symptoms, and the different types.
- Adult Asthma Get the facts about adult asthma, including who gets it, what triggers it, and how allergies can affect it.
- Fibromyalgia Get the facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions that may be related to it.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Michael D Alter has 2 locations
Dr. Michael D Alter has the following 1 SPECIALTIES
Dr. Michael D Alter has the following 8 expertise
- Tuberculosis (TB)
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Chest Infection
- Angiographic Visualization
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors (1)
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
25 Years Experience
Graduated in 1994
Dr. Michael D Alter Accepts the Following Insurance
More about Dr. Michael D Alter
After I was diagnosed with type I Diabetes at the age of 13, I spent much time with my Pediatrician to keep my diabetes in good control. My pediatrician was so informative and compassionate, he later became my friend once I was too old to see a Pediatric Endocrinologist and inspired me to become a physician. I completed medical school at Medical College of Ohio and did my residency training at the University of Minnesota. I went on to do fellowship training in Pulmonary and Critical Care medicine at the University of Minnesota. I am Board Certified in Pulmonary, Critical Care and Sleep Medicine and am an Assistant Professor in Medicine at the University of Minnesota. My professional interests include general Pulmonary Medicine, Critical Care Medicine and Sleep Medicine. I enjoy being physically active, running, playing hockey and spending time with my three children.