Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Michael A Amadei has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Michael A Amadei has the following 6 expertise
- Weight Loss
Dr. Michael A Amadei has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 29
It seems from the past reviews you either love him or hate him, I have been a patient of Dr. Amadei's for over a decade and my mother was a patient until her death two years ago of dementia. Dr. Amadei is a VERY caring doctor and I have seen him go from taking on too many patients and getting overwhelmed with his work load to slowing down and taking less patients so he can spend more quality time with the ones he has. During my first conversation with him in 2001 I told him I wanted to grow old with him and didn't want to look for a new doctor all the time. I am growing older and he is still my choice of doctors. He's a good man and a good doctor.
Dr. Amadei is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
38 Years Experience
West Virginia University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1980
Tucson Medical Center
Dr. Michael A Amadei accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net AZ PPO HSA
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana National POS
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsEmergency Medicine Physicians Of Yavapai County, 3700 W State Route 89A, Sedona, AZ
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Michael A Amadei in this video.
Dr. Michael A Amadei is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Sedona, AZ.