Get the facts about lung cancer, including how many people get it and what increases your risk for developing it.
- Gastric Cancer Facts about Gastric Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Triple-Negative Breast Cancer Facts about Triple-Negative Breast Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Michael Amylon
Dr. Michael Amylon, MD is a Doctor primarily located in San Francisco, CA, with another office in Palo Alto, CA. He has 37 years of experience. His specialties include Pediatric Hematology and Oncology and Pediatrics. Dr. Amylon is affiliated with Stanford Hospital and Clinics, Lucile Salter Packard Children's Hospital @ Stanford and UCSF Medical Center / Moffitt-Long Hospitals. Dr. Amylon has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Book Online Now
Dr. Michael Amylon has the following 2 specialties
- Pediatric Hematology and Oncology
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Dr. Michael Amylon has the following 12 expertise
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Adult T-Cell Leukemia-Lymphoma
- Bone Marrow Transplantation
- Bone Marrow and Lymphatic Tissue Cancer (Hematologic Neoplasm)
- Chromosome Aberrations
- Chronic Myeloid Leukemia
- Graft vs Host Disease
- Hodgkin Disease
- Lymphocytic Leukemia
- Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma
Dr. Michael Amylon is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 1 of 4
Dr. Mike Saved My Life
Self-verified patient of Dr. Michael Amylon - Posted on April 6th, 2008
I was Dr. Amylon's patient about 28 years ago....back when he looked like he was a 15-year old kid (my father kept waiting for the doctor to come in...LOL). He, along with Dr. Michael Link, worked together and were agress with my treatment (back when the prognosis for AML was grim at best), took several chances with me (new treatment plan, first child with Hickman cathedar, etc.)and were warm and personable all along the very hard road. I am alive today (and a mother of two beautiful, healthy children) because of them. Also, very important, Dr. Amylon turned into "Dr. Mike" whenever he went on trips with us oncology patients (camping on the beach, snow trips, etc.)....he was then our friend and not just our doctor. I cannot say enough about this man. Just know that you (or your child) are in very good hands!
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Amylon is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Stanford Hospital and Clinics
Lucile Salter Packard Children's Hospital @ Stanford
UCSF Medical Center / Moffitt-Long Hospitals
Stanford Medical Center
Stanford University Hospital
37 Years Experience
Graduated in 1976
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Dr. Michael Amylon is similar to the following 3 Doctors near San Francisco, CA.