Get the facts about epilepsy, including the different types, symptoms and causes of the condition.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Parkinson’s Disease Get the facts about Parkinson’s disease, including symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Michael L Apuzzo has the following 1 specialty
- Neurological Surgery
A neurological surgeon is a physician who surgically treats disorders of the nervous system, which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves.
In addition to treating trauma of the head and spine, these doctors also treat disorders like epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
Neurological surgeons can perform surgical procedures on the brain, such as stereotactic surgery, microsurgery, endoscopic surgery, stereotactic radiosurgery, and endovascular image guided methods.
Dr. Michael L Apuzzo has the following 27 expertise
- Brain Surgery
- Brain Arteriovenous Malformation (Intracranial Arteriovenous Malformations)
- Stereotaxic Techniques
- Gamma Knife Surgery (Stereotactic Radiosurgery)
- Brain Cancer
- Brain Cancer (Meningel Neoplasm)
- Brain Cancer (Craniopharyngioma)
- Head Trauma (Craniocerebral Trauma)
- Brain Tumor
- Pituitary Gland Cancer
- Brain Cancer (Meningioma)
- Brain Disorder
- Glial Cancer (Glioma)
- Spinal Disorders
- Brain Injuries
- Parkinson Disease
- Movement Disorders
Showing 2 of 3
On-Time Doctor Award (2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2013)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Top 10 Doctor - Neighborhood (2014)
Top 10 Doctors are chosen by the millions of patients who visit Vitals each year to find a new doctor and share their experiences by providing ratings and reviews. In order to differentiate highly-regarded doctors from the rest for patients in search of quality care, Vitals awards Top 10 Doctor honors to those physicians within a certain specialty and geographic area who are consistently given top ratings by their patients.
- Boston University School Of Medicine
Yale University School Of Medicine
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsLOS ANGELES COUNTY MEDICAL CENTER, 1200 N State St, Los Angeles, CA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Michael L Apuzzo, MD - Neurological Surgery in Los Angeles, CA, in this video.
Dr. Michael L Apuzzo is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Los Angeles, CA.