Get the facts about contraceptive implants, including how they work, the benefits and risks, and what types of doctors implant them.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- Overactive Bladder Facts about overactive bladder (OAB): risk factors, symptoms & causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Michael Arato
Dr. Michael Arato, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Stony Brook, NY, with another office in Wading River, NY. He has 34 years of experience. His specialties include Obstetrics & Gynecology and Obstetrics. Dr. Arato is affiliated with John T Mather Memorial Hospital. Dr. Arato has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Michael Arato has the following 2 specialties
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Urination Disorders
- Amniocentesis (Amniotic Fluid Test--AFT)
- Prenatal Care
- Hysterectomy (Uterus)
- Pregnancy Complications
- Menstrual Pain
- High Risk Pregnancy
- Pregnancy-Induced Hypertension
- Hot Flashes
- Birth Control
- Pap Smear
- Genital Warts
- AIDS/HIV (Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome)
- Women's Health
- Urinary Incontinence
- Pelvic Pain
- Insulin Resistance
- Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS)
- Laproscopic Surgery (Laparoscopy)
- Pelvic Exam
- Child Birth
- Lyme Disease
Showing 5 of 40
This doctor is being sued for perforating a woman's colon during a D&C. I'm not surprised. This doctor is mental and evil. I am a fairly new patient. I went for my annual pap test and told Dr. Arato I had some bleeding the week before. He said he was ordering a sonogram. The tech. states Dr. Arato wants to take a look. Dr. Arato never tells me he was performing a hysterscopy which requires a mandatory written informed consent which I was never given. It is considered an invasive procedure. It also requires an explanation of the procedure prior to consent of said procedure. I told Dr. Arato three times what are you doing and that you are hurting me and he never answered. He then states "oh I can't do this" and walks out of the room. He tells me in his office that he wanted to do a scraping of my uterus but that he couldn't do it because it hurt me too much. I never gave written informed consent for this and he never explained any procedure to me. My prescription states "Sonogram Tech." I was bleeding a lot the night of the procedure and spoke to doctor Blaszack, his partner on call, and I asked him what procedure Dr. Arato performed on me and he said it was probably a hysterscopy and that I should call the office tomorrow and speak with Dr. Arato. His nurse, Cathy states sorry that happened after the fact. I believe Dr. Arato was trying to perforate my colon; if it was a legitimate procedure, he wouldn't have been hurting me like that. Dr. Arato was scraping and poking me with these long metal rods. This doctor's medical license should be revoked and he should be thrown in jail because he intentionally wants to injure his patients. Dr. Arato also is greedy and wants to give his patients other medical problems that they don't have.
Dr Arato gave a painful exam. Very painful pap smear. Tightened it so tight I saw stars. Women be aware. His rectal was painful also. He has made many reviews by himself to overshadow the bad comments. Just read the bad ones. Hopefully more people will make honest reviews. Just because he is a Dr. doesn't mean he is honest or good.
Dr. Arato is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
34 Years Experience
Columbia University College Of Physicians And Surgeons
Graduated in 1984
University Of Pennsylvania Health System
Dr. Michael Arato accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Michael Arato in this video.
Dr. Michael Arato is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Stony Brook, NY.