Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Michael L Ard MD
Dr. Michael L Ard, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Louisville, MS, with other offices in Louisville, MS and Louisville, MS . He has 39 years of experience. His specialties include Family Medicine. Dr. Ard is affiliated with Winston Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Michael L Ard has 3 locations
PO Box 967
Louisville, MS 39339
PO Box 470
Louisville, MS 39339
Book Online Now
Dr. Michael L Ard has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Michael L Ard has the following 6 expertise
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
Dr. Michael L Ard is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 1 of 1
A number of years ago, my Mother was in the Nursing Home at the Louisville Hospital. Upon visiting her one afternoon, I found she had had a catheter installed. I was concerned about mobility, long term dependence as well as infection from a permanently installed catheter. I went to the nurses station and asked why this had been done. They allowed me to see the her chart. The chard stated this was ordered by Dr. Ard. I confronted him as to why he would have done this. He told me told me the family had requested it. I told him that was not true, neither my brother, my sister or I had ordered this and that was the only family she had. He became belligerent and told me we just needed to take our mother somewhere else. I contacted Dr. Suttle's and he agreed to be my mother's doctor. He was until the end of her life. He orded this procedure unnecessarily and it could have been life threatening to his patient. He lied when confronted. I did not file a formal complaint against Dr. Ard for his action't because my brother and sister did not want to. However, I have always regretted not doing so. The people of Winston County deserve better than this man. Jimmy Halfacre
Self-verified patient of Dr. Michael L Ard - Posted on February 28th, 2017
Dr. Ard is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
39 Years Experience
University Of Mississippi School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1979
Dr. Michael L Ard Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Michael L Ard is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Louisville, MS.