Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
Get the facts about carpal tunnel syndrome, including the causes and symptoms.
- Back Pain Get the facts about back pain, including the symptoms and causes.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Facts about carpal tunnel syndrome, including the causes and symptoms.
- Dupuytren's Contracture Dupuytren’s contracture is a thickening of the tissue in your hand
- Fibromyalgia Facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions.
- Hip Replacement The reasons why hip replacements are performed.
- Knee Replacement Facts about knee replacement surgery.
- Osteoarthritis Get the facts about osteoarthritis, including the symptoms.
- Osteoarthritis of the Knee Osteoarthritis of the knee: symptoms & risk factors for developing it.
- Osteoporosis Osteoporosis is a condition that causes the bones to weaken.
- Rheumatoid Arthritis Facts about rheumatoid arthritis (RA), including juvenile arthritis.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Michael Aronow
Dr. Michael Aronow, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Hartford, CT, with another office in Farmington, CT. He has 24 years of experience. His specialties include Orthopedic Surgery. Dr. Aronow is affiliated with Hartford Hospital, Institute of Living Hartford Hospital's Mental Health Network and Saint Francis Care Behavorial Health. He speaks English.
Dr. Michael Aronow has the following 1 specialty
- Orthopedic Surgery
An orthopaedic surgeon is a physician who specializes in diagnosis and surgical treatment of injuries and disorders involving the musculoskeletal system, such as hip replacements and arthroscopic knee surgery.
In addition to treating trauma to the musculoskeletal system, these doctors also deal with sports injuries, degenerative diseases, infections, tumors and congenital disorders.
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 51
I have been a patient of Dr. Aronow's since he was at Uconn Health Center. I have had numerous surgeries on my ankle and foot, and would never have as much faith in any other surgeon as I do Dr. Aronow. The wait to see him is no joke, but if you want to see the best of the best, it is worth the wait. His P.A. Willie is also phenomenal. I would trust them with anything. As well as his medical assistants. They go above and beyond. Dr. Aronow knows his specialty, and he knows it well. I would have no hesitation recommending him to anyone.
I had read reviews before my appt in 2015. Most of them were very good so I made an appt. I waited 2.5 hrs to see this Dr. As another patient stated, I had to apology. When I said wow you must be busy, he said well now I am caught up! He never looked me in the eye when he spoke and was very rushed. Unfortunately I will not be returning.
After waiting an hour and a half what a disappointment. The staff assured me I would not wait long because it was early in the morning at 8:30, so they overbook. Doctors can at least say I'm sorry for making you wait. I came to him for a foot problem experiencing increasing pain from different areas and for a second opinion from a prior surgical procedure that failed. He did not give my foot a proper physical exam . He did take x rays. I asked him to explain things over as I feel he not explain the procedure clearly and was rushing. He had poor eye contact. So I left the office knowing I would not follow his recommendation nor ever recommend his practice to anyone. It is not acceptable that doctors overlook and make patients wait!
Dr. Aronow is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Institute of Living Hartford Hospital's Mental Health Network
Saint Francis Care Behavorial Health
Connecticut Children's Medical Center
University of Connecticut Health Center, John Dempsey Hospital
24 Years Experience
Harvard Medical School
Graduated in 1989
Umass Memorial Healthcare
Dr. Michael Aronow accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna CT AWH MC OA w/Pediatric Dental
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Connecticare Passage
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Michael Aronow in this video.
Dr. Michael Aronow is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Hartford, CT.