Get the facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms, common allergens, and doctors who treat the condition.
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Facelift Facts about facelifts, including the different types of procedures.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Insomnia Facts about insomnia; who gets it and what causes it.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- Sleep Apnea Sleep apnea symptoms, risk factors, and complications.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Michael A Avidano has the following 2 specialties
- Sleep Medicine
A sleep medicine specialist is specially trained in diagnosing and treating disorders involving sleep.
Sleep disorders such as sleep apnea, restless leg syndrome and insomnia are very common and can often cause other serious health issues, such as depression, asthma, and migraines. Sleep medicine specialists often work in sleep centers where they observe a patient while sleeping and monitor brain waves, behavior, and vital signs in order to identify the causes of sleep disturbance, or an inability to sleep (insomnia).
Sleep medicine specialists treat patients through advising on sleep hygiene, providing cognitive behavioral therapy, using light therapy, or medical sleep aides.
An otolaryngologist is more commonly referred to as an ENT, someone that can treat medical issues you may be having with you ears, nose, or throat. This is a physician who is specially trained to diagnose and treat conditions of the ear, nose, sinuses, larynx (voice box), mouth, throat, head, and neck. These doctors treat patients through both medical and surgical means. For instance, an otolaryngologist may treat an obstruction of the nasal passage, caused by malformation of the nose, through rhinoplasty.
Dr. Michael A Avidano has the following 10 expertise
- Chronic Sinusitis
- Facial Trauma
- Swallowing Disorders
- Deviated Septum
- Sino-Nasal Disorders
- Smell Disorders
- Hearing Loss
Dr. Michael A Avidano is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 12
Dr. Avidano saw my mom when she had a tumor on her tonsil. No other doctor would give her the time of day, but Dr. Avidano not only listened to her, but diagnosed her with cancer before it was too late. We can't thank him enough. We would definitely recommend him to anyone.
I knew I needed my tonsils removed before seeing Dr. Avidano, but he suggested an additional surgery that he performed at the same time as my tonsillectomy. He noticed an unrelated sinus problem and performed turbinate vaporization. It was at no extra cost to me and caused me no pain. The results were minimal but an improvement. He was very professional, personal, and caring. I would definitely recommend him.
28 Years Experience
University Of Michigan Medical School
Graduated in 1990
Dr. Michael A Avidano accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Ambetter Superior Health Plan
- Ambetter Superior Health Plan
- BCBS GA Blue Choice PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Open Access POS
- BCBS GA BlueChoice Option POS
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry CoventryOne - GA
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Locations & DirectionsSouthern Cresent ENT, 1101 Hospital Dr Ste 100A, Stockbridge, GA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Michael A Avidano in this video.
Dr. Michael A Avidano is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Stockbridge, GA.