Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Michael B Cotter
Dr. Michael B Cotter, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Lake City, FL, with another office in Gainesville, FL. He has 28 years of experience. His specialties include Obstetrics & Gynecology. Dr. Cotter is affiliated with North Florida Regional Medical Center. Dr. Cotter has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Michael B Cotter has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
Dr. Michael B Cotter has the following 19 expertise
- Urinary Incontinence
- Leiomyoma (Smooth Muscle Tumor)
- Pelvic Exam
- Pap Smear
- Urinary Tract Infections (UTI)
- Gestational Diabetes
- Women's Health
- Menstrual Pain
- Birth Control
- Ectopic Pregnancy
- Laparoscopic General Surgery
- Hot Flashes
- Child Birth
- Pregnancy Complications
Dr. Michael B Cotter has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Michael B Cotter is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 19
I have been Dr. Cotter's patient for years, and followed him to NFRMC from AGH. His new office is beautiful and his staff is wonderful. I have watched Dr. Cotter's practice evolve over the years and it just keeps getting better and better. His sense of humor and caring about my concerns have always kept me there as his patient, but now the quality of his office and the great experience from walking in the door until my visit is over ensure I'll stick with this fantastic practice.
The nurses and staff are friendly and helpful. They called me ahead of time to confirm my appointment and let me know what I would owe at the time of service. Once I was there they were friendly and informative. I spent enough time with Dr. Cotter to ask all my questions. I didn't feel rushed or uncomfortable and he addressed all my concerns. Overall, this was the best experience I've ever had at a doctors office. I will definitely go back and highly recommend them!
I have had a wonderful experience with this clinic and Dr. Cotter. He is very competent and was very thorough in his assessment of me and my pregnancy. He has a great sense of humor that puts patients at ease during what can be stressful situations. His nurse and office staff are amazing and feel like family to me and my husband. They were always prompt and courteous and would quickly return my calls.We now have a beautiful new baby at home following a high risk pregnancy. I have to say our experience could not be better and I would highly recommend Dr. Cotter and this practice to anyone.
I have been a long time patient of Dr. Cotter and yes - he has a funny bed-side manner, but it relaxes me and lightens the mood. There have been A LOT of changes since I wan there a year ago for my PAP. The office looks great, nice decor, but even more noticeable is the staff. They are so friendly and seem to genuinely like working there. I would highly recommend!
Patients' Choice Award (2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015, 2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Cotter is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
28 Years Experience
University Of Florida College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1990
University Of Florida Health Shands Hospital
Dr. Michael B Cotter accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- AvMed Empower
- Avmed Choice
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Employer Group PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana HMO Select
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
UHC of the River Valley
- Neighborhood Health Partnership Commercial
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Michael B Cotter in this video.
Dr. Michael B Cotter is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Lake City, FL.