Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetes Diabetes facts and the differences between the different types.
- Diabetic Hyperlipidemia Get all of the facts about diabetic hyperlipidemia.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- High Blood Pressure Facts about high blood pressure; its causes and complications.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Michael B Davidson DO
Dr. Michael B Davidson has the following 2 specialties
- Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism
An endocrinologist is a physician with extensive training in understanding, diagnosing and treating conditions related to the endocrine system. The endocrine system regulates the balance of hormones.
Conditions of the endocrine system involve an over-abundance, or deficiency of a certain hormone. While there is a range when it comes to the amount of a hormone that is deemed normal in a human, these specialists determine whether a person's amount of hormone is indicative of a health concern. Two conditions this specialist might treat are diabetes and obesity.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Michael B Davidson has the following 17 expertise
- Diabetes (Types I & II)
- Thyroid Diseases
- Gland Issues
- Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS)
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Addison Disease
- Lipid Metabolism Disorders
- Diabetes Mellitus, Type 1
- Cushing Disease
Dr. Michael B Davidson is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 2 of 2
Highest recommendation from a 22-year type 1 diabetic
Self-verified patient of Dr. Michael B Davidson - Posted on April 19th, 2012
Dr. Davidson became my endocrinologist to manage my type 1 diabetes when I was pregnant with my son. He found a cancerous tumor in my neck within the first 15 minutes of our initial meeting and has taken care of both of my diseases since. He is honest with his recommendations for improving my diabetes which is sometimes challenging for doctors with long-term type 1 diabetes patients who are in good control. It can be easy to visit and check in briefly with an A1C under 7... Dr. Davidson always takes my disease(s) seriously, wants me to constantly improve my sugars and strive for the best control possible. It's also refreshing to have a doctor who's a type 1 so he knows EXACTLY what I deal with on a daily basis and I pretty much can't let anything slip past him. I can say that he has changed my life as a diabetic, got me through a completely healthy pregnancy, and he very well could have saved my life by finding my thyroid cancer. I can't recommend a doctor more highly and I'm very grateful and honored to be his patient.
Very caring, professional doctor
Self-verified patient of Dr. Michael B Davidson - Posted on January 3rd, 2011
Dr. Davidson is caring and professional. He listens, asks appropriate questions to facilitate understanding, and takes the time to explain things or answer my concerns as a patient. I had been to this facility in the past, for a thyroid condition, and always decided against any treatment because I found the business practices so off-putting. This is a very busy office and it is difficult to get an appointment. Previous doctors I had at this office would barely listen to me before sending me off for another test, and another appointment months away. Dr. Davidson turned that entirely around. He listens, he understands that my time is valuable and my questions and concerns are reasonable.He is fabulous and I highly recommend him.
Top 10 Doctor - Metro Area (2014)
Top 10 Doctors are chosen by the millions of patients who visit Vitals each year to find a new doctor and share their experiences by providing ratings and reviews. In order to differentiate highly-regarded doctors from the rest for patients in search of quality care, Vitals awards Top 10 Doctor honors to those physicians within a certain specialty and geographic area who are consistently given top ratings by their patients.
Patients' Choice Award (2011, 2012)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011, 2012)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
17 Years Experience
- Univ Of Ne College Of Osteopathic Med
Dr. Michael B Davidson Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Choice PPO - ME
- Anthem HMO Maine
- Anthem Pathway X Enhanced Ind Direct Access NH
- Anthem Preferred Blue Network - NH
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Harvard Pilgrim ChoiceNet HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim ElevateHealth HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Tufts Health Plan
- Tufts Granite Advantage EPO, PPO and Saver
- Tufts Granite Premier Choice EPO and PPO
- Tufts PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsENDOCRINOLOGY DIABETES CONSULTANTS, 10 Members Way # 400, Dover, NH
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Michael B Davidson, DO - Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism in Dover, NH, in this video.
Dr. Michael B Davidson is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Dover, NH.