Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Michael V Baio
Dr. Michael V Baio, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Havertown, PA. His specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Baio is affiliated with Bryn Mawr Hospital, Mercy Fitzgerald Hospital and Delaware County Memorial Hospital. Dr. Baio has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Michael V Baio has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
Showing 5 of 11
Starting with my first visit I never waited more than 10 minutes to see Dr, Baio. At times I wish it took a few minutes longer as I got involved reading Italian cultural newspapers in his waiting room. I'm not even Italian but found them interesting. The staff is always upbeat and friendly. Dr. Baio was thorough and genuinely concerned. Once in a crowded restaurant he spotted me and came over to ask how I was doing medically. He didn't have to do that. If he didn't approach me I probably wouldn't have seen him. He is now and has been my primary care doctor for two years. I absolutely have no plans to change this. Would I recommend him? I already have to friends and family.
Patients' Choice Award (2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Baio is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Mercy Fitzgerald Hospital
Dr. Michael V Baio accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica HMO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- First Health PPO
- IBC Keystone HMO POS
- IBC Personal Choice PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsMercy Health Network, 2010 W Chester Pike Ste 344, Havertown, PA
Dr. Michael V Baio is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Havertown, PA.