Get the facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Michael A Balk
Dr. Michael A Balk, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Atlanta, GA. He has 31 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine and Cardiovascular Disease. Dr. Balk is affiliated with Northside Hospital-Atlanta. Dr. Balk has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Michael A Balk has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Heart Diseases
- Congenital Heart Disease (Patent Ductus Arteriosus)
- Heart Failure
- Coronary Disease
- Heart Block
- Heart Attack
- High Cholesterol
- Unstable Angina
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Blood Clot
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 23
Dr Balk is OUTSTANDING!!
I saw Dr. Balk for treatment of what turned out to be a rare congenital heart defect. Dr. Balk displayed a great deal of knowledge during my initial visit and showed concern for my general well being by scheduling 2 diagnostic procedures on the same day to get to a definitive diagnosis as soon as possible. My issue ultimately led to surgery. Dr. Balk recommended a heart surgeon that my own independent investigation confirmed was the very best choice that he could have made. The surgeon later was very complimentary of Dr. Balk's work, saying that the thoroughness of Dr. Balk's diagnostic work saved me the cost and inconvenience of further diagnostic work by the surgeon prior to surgery. Dr. Balk came highly recommended to me and I highly recommend him to others needing a cardiologist.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Balk is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
31 Years Experience
University Of Pennsylvania School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1987
University Of Pennsylvania Health System
Dr. Michael A Balk accepts the following insurance providers.
- BCBS GA Blue Choice PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Open Access POS
- BCBS GA BlueChoice Option POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Atlanta HMOx
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsNorthside Cardiology PC, 5670 Peachtree Dunwoody Rd Ste 880, Atlanta, GA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Michael A Balk in this video.
Dr. Michael A Balk is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Atlanta, GA.