Get the facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Michael J Barber
Dr. Michael J Barber, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Colorado Springs, CO. He has 34 years of experience. His specialties include Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Barber is affiliated with Boulder Community Hospital and Penrose Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Michael J Barber has the following 2 specialties
- Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology
While cardiologists diagnose and treat all types of heart disease, electrophysiologists have extended education in rhythmic disorders, also known as cardiac arrhythmia or an irregular heartbeat. An electrophysiologist typically works closely with a cardiologist and together they can treat arrhythmia, help you prevent blood clots, or restore and control a normal heart rate.
They can also provide information on medications and devices — such as a pacemaker or an implantable defibrillator — used to control an abnormal heart rate. When it come to treating arrhythmias, there are both invasive and non-invasive treatment options and an electrophysiologist can help you decide which is right for you.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Unstable Angina
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Block
- Cardiac Arrhythmias
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
Showing 5 of 7
Dr. Barber took liberties upon my sleeping husband in a non-emergency situation, and took away his heartbeat - forever making him dependent on a pacemaker, when there were many alternatives available to us, that would not have been so devastating to him. However, Dr. Barber wasn't able to personally perform the more sophisticated surgery (and bill for it) so he did the less sophisticated thing, and this has forever destroyed his heartbeat, and with it - his health. My husband got so sick that he was recommended for a heart transplant, but the drugs that Dr. Barber put him on also destroyed his lungs and liver, so he couldn't get a transplant. This so-called Dr. set him up to die. DO not EVER visit this doctor.
Dr. Barber is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
34 Years Experience
Indiana University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1984
University Of Virginia Health System
Dr. Michael J Barber accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem CO Blue Priority HMO
- Anthem CO Blue Priority PPO
- Anthem CO Bronze Pathway X HMO
- Anthem CO Gold Pathway HMO
- Anthem CO HMO
- Anthem CO Pathway
- Anthem CO Silver Pathway X HMO
- Anthem PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Rocky Mountain Health
- Rocky Mountain Good Health and Vista HMO PPO
- Rocky Mountain Summit Group
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsColorado Springs Cardiology, 2222 N Nevada Ave Ste 4007, Colorado Springs, CO
Dr. Michael J Barber is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Colorado Springs, CO.