Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- Overactive Bladder Facts about overactive bladder (OAB): risk factors, symptoms & causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Michael Belfort
Dr. Michael Belfort, MD, PHD is a Doctor primarily located in Houston, TX, with another office in Stanford, CA. He has 31 years of experience. His specialties include Obstetrics and Gynecology and Maternal and Fetal Medicine. Dr. Belfort is affiliated with STANFORD MEDICAL CENTER and TEXAS CHILDRENS PAVILION FOR WOMEN. He speaks English.
Dr. Michael Belfort has the following 2 specialties
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
An obstetrician & gynecologist, or OB/GYN, is a physician who cares for women throughout their pregnancies, straight through to the delivery of their baby (obstetrician). They also specialize in annual care, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the female reproductive system (gynecologist). Many physicians specialize in both of these fields in order to provide complete overall health services to women at every stage of life.
- Maternal and Fetal Medicine
- Birth Control
- C-Section (Cesarean Section)
- Child Birth
- Fetal Diseases
- Fetal Erythroblastosis
- Hot Flashes
- Hysterectomy (Uterus)
- Menstrual Pain
- Pap Smear
- Pelvic Exam
- Pregnancy Complications, Cardiovascular
- Puerperal Disorders
- Women's Health
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 4 of 4
Dr.Belfort travels to IF once or twice a week also as an alternative ultrsounds and a dr visit can be done through satellite. I truely have valued his expertise. I was nearly in labor at 22wks and had an emergency cerclage placed at 23 wks and am currently 32 weeks. I have continued to be monitored by Dr Belfort 1x week and feel that he has done a thorough exam and also has great bed side manner. Love this DOC!!!
Dr. Belfort is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
TEXAS CHILDRENS PAVILION FOR WOMEN
31 Years Experience
University Of The Witwatersrand
Graduated in 1985
Baylor College Of Medicine
Dr. Michael Belfort accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
Blue Cross California
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- FirstCare PPO
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Scott and White
- Scott and White PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Michael Belfort is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Houston, TX.