Dr. Michael L Bell Is this you?

2.6

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Michael L Bell?

Bad temperment

He made me wait 1hr &15 min in the reception area , then another 20 min in the patients room. When he came in he said he was sorry he was on call at the hospitol and I asked him why he didn't tell his patients he was running so late and give them the opportunity to rebook. I needed his professional opinion. I told him about how I thought I had been over looked and disregarded and that I was angry that he and his office had completely destroyed my plans for the day. He said he wasn't comfortable treating me because I told him how angry I was. He then told me to leave and he left the room. I saw him walking down the hall and I informed him I would be billing him for my time and he threatened to call the police on me!!! There was NO DIAGNOSIS and he made me wait 1&1/2 hours.

He friendly and up to date with changes in medical problems.

RUDE DISMISSIVE INCOMPLETE LACK OF CARING AND EMPATHY

Parents, if you love your child, don't take them to Dr. Bell. Our experience was almost incomprehensible. I have never seen someone who lacks so much professionalism, empathy...and the skill to look at our child's complex medical needs and to blow them off. He made our child cry. He did not review our medical files completely and then rendered judgement on things he knew no details about...while NOT treating our child for epilepsy and symptoms like a knowledgeable doctor should. SUPER SCAREY.

Appointments always started late, once by a half day. Receptionist took an argumentative stance to the point of raising her voice.

Horrible staff

Very rude dishonest staff.

Intelligent but Rushed, Unprofessional, and Uncaring Physician. Not for Peds.

Dr. Bell is highly intelligent, but he sorely lacks personnel skills. He is knowledgeable and can usually give one an accurate diagnosis, but interprets questions in a negative manner. He reasserts his personal credentials in a defensive tone, instead of valuing a parent's right to be his or his child's health advocate. If one asks questions, Bell becomes defensive and visibly upset, even raising his voice in anger. Bell clearly lacks compassion when diagnosing patients with serious illness. He conveys a tone of pride at his arrival at a diagnosis, but misses that a patient's life may have been turned upside-down with stress and shock. He lacks nurturing, follow-up skills that would lend a patient comfort and support. Bell has become clearly overbooked and spread thin, which likely accounts for his declining compassion and patience. However, his medical mistakes in prescriptions, titration schedules, and patient chart confusion make this manifest and scary. His secretary, Valerie, speaks in a rude and condescending tone, and lets one know she definitely cannot be bothered with any additional requests from her or concerns for the doctor. If one has a child with a neurological issue and can manage the drive, I highly recommend visiting the authentic pediatric neurologists in Portland at OHSU's Doernbecher's Children's Hospital. Their quality of care and respect for the patient surpass Bell's on every level.

I find him to be frustrating with his medical diagnosis...he doesn't have the patience for a complex medical condition. He wasn't like my former neurologist, who gave a clear cut PLAN for what to do, if A doesn't work, then we try B and if B doesn't work, then we try C....he seems very rushed and upset when you ask him questions.

Wonderful doctor within his profession

I am still in the process of being diagnosed, but Dr. Bell has been with me for three years and I trust him to listen to me as a person not just a disorder. I do my best as a patient to bring and do what he needs me to do in order for him to do his job. Every peice of his office staff has always been courtious and helpful when I have needed them even when I am in the wrong. The only negative I see is as his popularity and practice grow it is becoming more and more obvious that he is being spread too thin; the last few appointments he has walked in and started a conversation as though I am a diffrent patient. Still there is no one else in the Central Oregon area I would trust with the issues I am having.Thank you Dr. Bell and staff

great Dr very good with my daughter