Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Michael C Bennick
Dr. Michael C Bennick, MD is a Doctor primarily located in New Haven, CT. He has 35 years of experience. His specialties include Gastroenterology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Bennick is affiliated with Milford Hospital and Yale-New Haven Hospital. Dr. Bennick has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Michael C Bennick has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Inflammatory Bowel Diseases (IBD)
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Celiac Disease
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Colon Cancer
- Pancreatic Diseases
- Abdominal Pain
- Pancreatic Cancer
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Hepatitis C
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Peptic Ulcer
- Pancreas inflammation (Pancreatitis)
- Gallbladder Diseases
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 10
I have been with this Doctor over 20 years. He has never failed to be there for me. I remember seeing him the lst time I had severe somach pains. He examined me told me what I needed to do, Perscribed a medication and I have not looked back sense that time.If I am having difficulties, he will see me that day.
He has a lot of experience, and gives a thorough exam. But he's arrogant and moody, if you disagree with his diagnosis. Thankfully I didn't accept his "globus hysteria" diagnosis and recommendation for xanax, and went elsewhere to find out that I had a true medical illness that explained my symptoms. He didn't do the necessary tests on me, and thus erroneously assumed it was psychological in nature. Not an uncommon complaint, I realize. But when it happens to you, you're left feeling extremely disappointed.
Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Dr. Bennick is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
35 Years Experience
Temple University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1983
Graduate Hospital Tenet Health
Dr. Michael C Bennick accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna CT AWH MC OA w/Pediatric Dental
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem CT HMO BlueCare
- Anthem CT Pathway X Enhanced Ind HMO
- Anthem PPO Century Preferred CT
- Anthem Pathway X Ind PPO Direct Access CT
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Connecticare Passage
- First Health PPO
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsConnecticut Gastroenterology Consultants, 40 Temple St Ste 4A, New Haven, CT
Dr. Michael C Bennick is similar to the following 3 Doctors near New Haven, CT.