Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Michael A Berk has the following 2 specialties
- Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Addison Disease
- Cushing Disease
- Gland Issues
- Diabetes (Types I & II)
Showing 5 of 31
I am more than pleased with the level of service I ALWAYS receive under Dr. Berk's care. The frontline staff are always cordial, pleasant, and caring and the technicians are professional and qualified. The foot nurse is at the very top of her game - I have been to a LOT of foot nurses, and I KNOW the good from the bad! Dr. Berk is personable, knowledgeable, caring, and HUMAN! I have not only referred other family members to Dr. Berk, but I have physically escorted them to his office. If you are a senior citizen - diabetic or not - I would recommend Dr. Berk to treat you from head to toe.
Dr. Berk is a good doctor, he has been my general physician for about 6 years. He listens to what you have to say and answers as many questions as you might have. He makes changes as appropriate to medications if needed, and apparently accurately diagnoses things. The only disconcerting thing about his manner is that he leaves without saying goodbye, so you might not be sure the appointment is over. However, you can call him back if you have further questions. The phone hours are misstated or something because in the afternoon they stop answering the phone about an hour before it is stated. I wish they would fix this.
I have seen Dr. Burk on several occasions for annual checkups, etc, never for an actual illness. Most recently I was looking for wellness input as I turned 40. Despite repeated requests, I got very little useful input. He was much more interested in telling me about some computer upgrades he'd recently done on his home PCs. Of the 10 minutes of facetime, over 5 was spent on this topic. Seriously, he wouldn't quit. I was able to get him to run some minimal blood work (cholesterol, lipids). To retrieve the results, you have to call a voicemail system, where he quickly reads them off. There's no formal report delivered, so I've now forgotten the numbers. On the plus side, I've never waited long in the waiting area. I won't be going back after this most recent visit.
39 Years Experience
Indiana University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1979
Dr. Michael A Berk accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem MO Blue Preferred Options
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Cigna MISSOURI NET - NET POS Seamless
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry KS PPO
- Coventry MO HMO POS
- Coventry OA EPO Exchange - KS/MO
- CoventryOne PPO Network
- HealthLink PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsWashington University School Of Medicine, 4921 Parkview Pl, Saint Louis, MO
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Michael A Berk in this video.
Dr. Michael A Berk is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Saint Louis, MO.