Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Michael R Bernui has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Michael R Bernui has the following 11 expertise
- Overweight Related Conditons
- Chelation Therapy
- Hyperbaric Medicine (Hyperbaric Oxygenation)
- Weight Loss
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- Autism (Autistic Disorder)
Dr. Michael R Bernui has 0 board certified specialties
Showing 5 of 31
All other doctors I have gone to want to ship out a pad and prescribe. Dr. Bernui asks, listens and introduces diet and supplement ideas that restore your health. He is the only Dr. who could tell it was my thyroid causing issues. Even though my labs were in normal range, he noticed it was enlarged (my gynecologist and internist had annual chances to notice and didn't). Dr. B sent me for an ultrasound and they found nodules. Thankfully they were not cancerous but he's helped me adjust my diet and my endocrinologist says I'm doing great and not to return for 2 years. He seeks a natural approach vs meds that cause a host of reactions you don't want. I drive an hour and a half and he's worth it!
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2015, 2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice 5th Anniversary Award (2012)
The Patients' Choice Award - 5 Year Honoree is a recognition granted only to those doctors whose ratings have reflected excellence in care for five years in a row. Only 1% of all doctors in the United States are bestowed this honor by their patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2009, 2014, 2015, 2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2015, 2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
32 Years Experience
Philadelphia College Of Osteopathic Medicine
Graduated in 1986
Franklin Square Hospital Center
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsThe Center For Restorative Medicine, 353 New Shackle Island Rd Ste 207A, Hendersonville, TN
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Michael R Bernui in this video.
Dr. Michael R Bernui is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Hendersonville, TN.