Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Michael A Biederman has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Michael A Biederman has the following 10 expertise
- Abdominal Pain
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Celiac Disease
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Hepatitis C
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
Dr. Michael A Biederman has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 8
Dr. Biederman has been my care specialist for over fifteen years. Yes he is very arrogant but that is what I like about him. He has done an excellent job of caring for me throughout these years. He is compassionate, but stern and only want you to have the best care and treatment possible for your health issue. I would not go to anyone else.
I went to Dr. B for diagnosis of hepatitis C. Abdominal CT scan and bloodwork were acceptable tests and I paid cash for everything. I was diagnosed with hepatitis C. Cat scan showed no visible liver damage. OK, time to discuss treatment options. It is expensive. He told me that even if I got help with the drugs that treatment would cost $60,000. He never told me about the many programs available to provide the drugs absolutely free and to provide assistance with the cost of boodwork. He also never informed me of the need of a liver biopsy to determine grade & stage of my disease so we would know if I'd be safe to postpone treatment. When I called and talked to a lady on the phone she said that a liver biopsy costs $12,000 and asked why I would want to spend that money if I couldn't afford treatment anyway. These people are cold and heartless. They are out to nail the insurance companies and support Botsford Hospital. I have since found a much more compassionate and knowledgeable Dr. and hope to begin treatment very soon. The drugs will be free. Bloodwork will be affordable and Dr. visits will cost only $80 each. Dr. Biederman wrote in his report to my GP "since patient has no insurance, no treatment options can be offered at this time. A big thumbs down to this outfit. X_X
48 Years Experience
University Of Kansas School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1970
Providence Hospital And Medical Center
Dr. Michael A Biederman accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MI Blue Care Network HMO Group Enrollees
- BCBS MI PPO Plans Group Enrollees
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- HAP Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PriorityHealth HMO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsSouth Oakland Gastroenterology, 28080 Grand River Ave Ste 306, Farmington, MI
Dr. Michael A Biederman is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Farmington, MI.