Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Michael Billow
Dr. Michael Billow, DO, FAAP is a Doctor primarily located in Cleveland, OH, with other offices in Akron, OH and Akron, OH (and 1 other location). He has 33 years of experience. His specialties include Pediatric Critical Care Medicine and Pediatrics. Dr. Billow is affiliated with Cleveland Clinic HS - Fairview Hospital, Akron Children's Hospital and Hillcrest Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Michael Billow has the following 2 specialties
- Pediatric Critical Care Medicine
While pediatricians are typically the go-to resource when your child gets sick, more serious conditions require special care and closer monitoring. A pediatric critical care specialist works in a hospital setting to treat, diagnose and care for children with chronic conditions.
They're trained to examine and treat children using unique methods and equipment in order to provide a more comfortable experience. A reaction due to asthma or diabetes, a serious injury from an accident, or on-going symptoms due to a serious disease are some reasons your child might end up in a pediatric intensive care unit.
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Dr. Michael Billow is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 6
Took my son to the emergency room of Akron childrens in boardman. Dr Billow was the pedetrician working. Before he walked in he alresdy had a diagnosis, spent a total of 30 seconds in the room with us and did no sort of check up on him. The nurses on duty said the emergency room had no other patients so it wasn't that he was in a hurry to tend to other patients. Didn't give a chance to ask questions or express any concerns we had, he walked in gave a diagnosis by looking at him and said its nothing to worry about and walked out.
Dr. Billow is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Cleveland Clinic HS - Fairview Hospital
Akron Children's Hospital
33 Years Experience
Des Moines University
Graduated in 1980
Dr. Michael Billow accepts the following insurance providers.
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Michael Billow is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Cleveland, OH.