Chronic Dry Eye
Get the facts about chronic dry eye, including the causes, symptoms and doctors who treat this condition.
- Chronic Dry Eye Facts about chronic dry eye, including the causes, symptoms & doctors.
- Contact Lens Care A complete overview of contact lenses.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Macular Degeneration Get the facts about macular degeneration.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Michael J Black has the following 2 specialties
An ophthalmologist has the training to do much more than just prescribe glasses. They are physicians specially trained to diagnose and treat disorders of the eyes and vision. These doctors are experts on the complicated anatomy of the eye and are trained to treat eye diseases through both medical and surgical methods.
Some common conditions that ophthalmologists treat are cataracts, glaucoma, strabismus, diabetic retinopathy, macular degeneration and amblyopia. In addition, ophthalmologists can provide prescriptions for eye glasses and contact lenses and perform LASIK surgery and other corrective surgeries for refractive errors like myopia (near-sightedness), hyperopia (far-sightedness), astigmatism and presbyopia.
Dr. Michael J Black has the following 23 expertise
- Galbladder Removal (Cholecystectomy)
- Mouth Cancer
- Renal Hypertension
- Squamous Cell Carcinoma
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Arteriosclerosis (Arterial Disease)
- Head and Neck Cancer
- Laryngectomy (Larynx removal)
- Colon Cancer
- Gastrointestinal Cancer
- Throat Cancer (Laryngeal Neoplasm)
- Local Neoplasm Recurrence
- Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
- Laparoscopic Surgery (Laparoscopy)
- Renovascular Hypertension
- Mitral Valve Insufficiency
- Thyroid Gland Removal (Thyroidectomy)
- Thyroid Cancer
Dr. Michael J Black has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Michael J Black is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
16 Years Experience
Medical College Of Wisconsin
Graduated in 2002
Dr. Michael J Black accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
- Anthem Blue Preferred Plus POS
- Anthem WI Blue Priority X Indiv DirectAccess
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Common Ground Empower Trilogy
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
Network Health Plan
- Network Health Plan HMO POS
- Network Health Plan Individual
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- WPS Group
Locations & DirectionsFox Valley Surgical Associates, 1818 N Meade St, Appleton, WI
Dr. Michael J Black is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Appleton, WI.