Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- HIV/AIDS The differences between HIV & AIDS; signs, symptoms & complications.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Shingles Facts about shingles, including symptoms & possible long-term effects.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Michael E Blocker has the following 2 specialties
- Infectious Disease
An infectious disease specialist has specialized training in the diagnosis and treatment of contagious diseases.
Infectious diseases, also known as contagious or transmissible diseases, are those that stem from pathogen from a host organism. These infections may spread to other carriers through physical touch, airborne inhalation, bodily fluids or contaminated foods.
Infectious disease specialists identify whether the disease is caused by bacteria, a virus, a fungus or a parasite often through blood tests and then determine what course of treatment, if any, is necessary.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Michael E Blocker has the following 8 expertise
- Infectious Disease
- AIDS/HIV (Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome)
- Hepatitis C
- Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV/AIDS)
Showing 5 of 8
DR BLOCKER IS GREAT. THE ONLY PROBLEM IS THAT HE IS SO MUCH IN DEMAND, THAT HE SEEMS RUSHED TRYING TO GET TO HIS PATIENTS. I THINK HE SHOULD BE A MENTOR TO OTHER DOCTORS IN THE INFECTIOUS DISEASE AREA, SO THAT SOME OF THE BURDEN COULD BE TAKEN OFF HIS SHOULDERS. IT WOULD GIVE HIM MORE TIME FOR EACH PATIENT SO THAT HE COULD EXPLAIN WHAT IS GOING ON, SIDE EFFECTS OF MEDS, AND BE ABLE TO SIT DOWN. HE IS A WONDERFUL DOCTOR. LETS GET MORE LIKE HIM
I will be taking a trip to Eastern Europe and wanted to get the vaccinations recommended by the CDC. I started by stopping at my regular Doctor's office to ask a couple of questions and schedule some vaccinations. They made me feel as if I was bothering them and referred me to Dr. Blocker. I called Dr. Blocker's office and explained what I was after and when I was going. They were nice enough to work me in on short notice. One needs to let vaccines percolate in blood for a bit before they're effective after all. I arrived for my appointment on time, filled out some forms and was brought back in a reasonable amount of time for BP, Height/Weight, etc. Then another short wait and I saw the doctor. He had some information printed out about various health concerns when traveling to Eastern Europe. He went over everything and happily answered my questions as we went through. I think we chatted for close to 30 minutes.Overall, I was very pleased.
24 Years Experience
University Of Massachusetts Medical School
Graduated in 1994
University Of North Carolina Health System
Dr. Michael E Blocker accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
BCBS North Carolina
- BCBS NC Blue Value
- BCBS NC BlueOptions
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Carelink - Carolinas HealthCare System Tier 2
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Humana North Carolina PPOx
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsWilliam Ben Harley Ii Md, 1900 Randolph Rd Ste 216, Charlotte, NC
Dr. Michael E Blocker is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Charlotte, NC.