Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Michael E Bohan has the following 2 specialties
- Addiction Medicine
An addiction medicine specialist is a doctor who treats patients with addictions to substances like drugs and alcohol or, in some cases, behaviors like gambling. Many of these specialists also treat the diseases that stem from these addictions.
These physicians are specially trained to prevent and treat the disease of addiction via psychiatric means, or other fields of medicine like family or internal medicine.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Showing 5 of 8
Seems like a kindly old man but in truth he seems to think, like so many other psychiatrists, that "one-size-fits-all" when it comes to treatment for addiction. When I needed him most, he got angry that I didn't "comply" with the prescription. I was so high from the prescription I wasn't objective enough to taper. An experienced psychiatrist should understand and expect to try again and maybe again. What's it to them if you fail the first time? He said I could come back if I kicked and just be seen for depression. But his miserable staff would not let me either talk to him or make an appointment saying my "case is closed for non-compliance". I'm a 58 year old man with legitimate serious pain in several locations--not a kid just out for kicks. It's unconscionable to just abandon me at that time as if to say "go commit crime, we don't care". I told the staff member I would say this on the net and she said "do what you think you have to do". Maybe the doctor would have seen me, but those miserable staffers love their little authority and don't think or care of the consequences to the patient or the trouble it might cause legally and socially. Until then everything was courteous. Pick someone else who won't throw you to the street if you don't fit the one-size-fits-all treatment.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2013, 2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Top 10 Doctor - City (2014)
Top 10 Doctors are chosen by the millions of patients who visit Vitals each year to find a new doctor and share their experiences by providing ratings and reviews. In order to differentiate highly-regarded doctors from the rest for patients in search of quality care, Vitals awards Top 10 Doctor honors to those physicians within a certain specialty and geographic area who are consistently given top ratings by their patients.
56 Years Experience
George Washington University School Of Medicine And Health Sciences
Graduated in 1962
United States Naval Medical Center
Dr. Michael E Bohan accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem HealthKeepers HMO POS
- Anthem KeyCare PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
Locations & DirectionsMeridian Psychotherapy, 4509 Whitechapel Dr, Virginia Beach, VA
Dr. Michael E Bohan is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Virginia Beach, VA.