Vitals cannot verify whether or not this professional is currently practicing. We recommend that you attempt to contact the provider to verify their status. Please email us at email@example.com if you have any additional information.
Get the facts about back pain, including the symptoms and causes.
- Back Pain Get the facts about back pain, including the symptoms and causes.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Facts about carpal tunnel syndrome, including the causes and symptoms.
- Dupuytren's Contracture Dupuytren’s contracture is a thickening of the tissue in your hand
- Fibromyalgia Facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions.
- Hip Replacement The reasons why hip replacements are performed.
- Knee Replacement Facts about knee replacement surgery.
- Osteoarthritis Get the facts about osteoarthritis, including the symptoms.
- Osteoarthritis of the Knee Osteoarthritis of the knee: symptoms & risk factors for developing it.
- Osteoporosis Osteoporosis is a condition that causes the bones to weaken.
- Rheumatoid Arthritis Facts about rheumatoid arthritis (RA), including juvenile arthritis.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Michael Bolesta
Dr. Michael Bolesta, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Dallas, TX. He has 32 years of experience. His specialties include Orthopedic Surgery of the Spine and Orthopedic Surgery. Dr. Bolesta is affiliated with Parkland Health & Hospital System, UT Southwestern University Hospital - St. Paul and Children's Medical Center of Dallas. He speaks English.
Dr. Michael Bolesta has the following 2 specialties
- Orthopedic Surgery of the Spine
If you have a back injury or unexplained back pain, your doctor might refer you first to a radiologist and then to an orthopedic spinal surgeon. They specialize in the spine and can diagnose and treat spinal diseases such as scoliosis. They can also treat spinal injuries such as a displaced disc or a fracture, as well as disc degeneration and narrowing that occurs due to aging.
However, when your injury or condition affects the spinal canal or spinal cord, it’s typically better to consult with a neurosurgeon. It's worth noting that, while they're both referred to as surgeons, they can also recommend treatments that don't require an operation, such as non-surgical decompression therapy.
- Orthopedic Surgery
An orthopaedic surgeon is a physician who specializes in diagnosis and surgical treatment of injuries and disorders involving the musculoskeletal system, such as hip replacements and arthroscopic knee surgery.
In addition to treating trauma to the musculoskeletal system, these doctors also deal with sports injuries, degenerative diseases, infections, tumors and congenital disorders.
- Age-Related Problems
- Back Pain
- Bone Transplantation
- Herniated Disc
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Spinal Fractures
- Spinal Fusion
- Spinal Stenosis
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 6
I was in a wheelchair. Another surgeon said he would not operate on me. Someone told me about Zale Lipsky hospital. Dr Bolesta made me take some more tests. Said he thought he could help me. After operation I could walk again. And continued graduate studies. He is the very best surgeon and person you could ever hope to find.
Dr. Bolesta and the staff were very polite and professional. They immediately put us at ease. Even though I arrived early for one of the visits, they managed to get me in with only 10 minutes of waiting time. The overall experience receives my highest appreciation. I will recommend Dr. Bolesta and his staff to everyone!
Dr. Bolesta is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Parkland Health & Hospital System
UT Southwestern University Hospital - St. Paul
Children's Medical Center of Dallas
UT Southwestern University Hospital - Zale Lipshy
UT Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas
Dallas County Hospital District
UT Southwestern Zale Lipshy Hospital
Lake City VA Medical Center
32 Years Experience
Texas A&M Health Science Center College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1981
Duke University Medical Center
Dr. Michael Bolesta accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsUT Southwestern Medical Center/William P Clements Jr University Hospital, 5323 Harry Hines Blvd, Dallas, TX
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Michael Bolesta in this video.
Dr. Michael Bolesta is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Dallas, TX.