The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer, including signs, symptoms & what happens to the body in each stage of cancer.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Adult Asthma Facts for adult asthma, including triggers & how allergies affect it.
- Allergic Asthma Facts about allergic asthma; who gets it & the most common symptoms.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Michael R Borts MD
Dr. Michael R Borts has 2 locations
12818 Tesson Ferry Rd Ste 103
Saint Louis, MO 63128
Dr. Michael R Borts has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Allergy and Immunology
An allergy & immunology specialist is a physician who is specially trained in matters pertaining to chronic and acute allergies, as well as deficiencies of the immune system. The doctor will determine whether an allergy, which attacks our immune system, is present. They'll also determine the cause, whether it be environmental triggers like trees and pollen, food-borne like peanuts and dairy, the venom of insects like bees, or a medication like penicillin.
In addition to determining the allergen causing an immunological response in a patient, the specialist will treat the symptoms caused by the reaction.
Dr. Michael R Borts has the following 17 expertise
- Nasal Allergies
- Hay Fever
- Food Allergy (Hypersensitivity)
- Watery Eyes
- Food Allergies
- Hay Fever (Seasonal Allergic Rhinitis)
- Sino-Nasal Disorders
- Atopic Dermatitis
- Nasal Polyps
- Hives (Urticaria)
- Nasal Allergy (Rhinitis)
Dr. Michael R Borts is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 9
Simply the best
Self-verified patient of Dr. Michael R Borts - Posted on March 26th, 2019
Self-verified patient of Dr. Michael R Borts - Posted on June 22nd, 2017
I have been dealing with breathing issues for over 10 months that have been really hard to pin point the problem and I am impressed that Dr. Borts was pretty sure he knew what the instigator of my issues were before I even left his office. I am happy to know that my results were as he suspected and now I can with the help of medication he has changed and it is an affordable inhaler and Allegra I will be able to breathe and live in my old farm house that is NOT making me sick and I can keep my horses that are NOT making me sick. Thank you for your WISDOM Dr. Borts
Self-verified patient of Dr. Michael R Borts - Posted on January 28th, 2015
Best doc ever!
Self-verified patient of Dr. Michael R Borts - Posted on May 10th, 2012
Self-verified patient of Dr. Michael R Borts - Posted on February 20th, 2012
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011, 2012, 2014, 2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2011, 2012, 2014, 2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
36 Years Experience
Saint Louis University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1983
Southern Illinois University School Of Medicine
Dr. Michael R Borts Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
- Anthem Blue Preferred Plus POS
- Anthem MO Blue Preferred Options
- Anthem MO Direct Access w/HSA
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Carelink from Coventry Network
- Coventry KS PPO
- Coventry MO HMO POS
- Coventry MO PPO
- Coventry OA EPO Exchange - KS/MO
- CoventryOne PPO Network
- HealthLink PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Michael R Borts, MD - Allergy and Immunology in Saint Louis, MO, in this video.
Dr. Michael R Borts is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Saint Louis, MO.